VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever done an 'overlanding' style trip in their camper? Land Rovers/Land Cruisers are clearly used due to their ruggedness but could a T5 do a similar trip>

Eastern journey down through the silk route, or maybe Africa....

If anyone knows of any trip reports or blogs could you post links to them? Cheers. T:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Probably better off considering such a trip in a T3 Syncro - a much more capable vehicle when the going gets tough and a suitably low-tech drivetrain means even the native mechanics in far flung areas would have half a chance of getting you going again. I wouldn't count on just any garage that far out having the necessary VW diagnostic gear to sort out your T5 if the electronics decide to throw a wobbly!

~ Craig

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bet those guys in the 90 will be begging you guys to let them in from the cold tent and into your warm van!

You going to write a blog? Would love to read about it (and see the setup for the vehicles).

·
Registered
88 Posts
so we did a trip in my 110 a couple of years ago and it was blimmin cold! we camped a couple of nits and then it was Stugas for the the remaining time up north. middle of june the lakes are still frozen and snow drifts still apparent up the mountain!

the luxury of a heater and a bed in the warm is very appealing!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts