VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Oxfordshire Region - Ideas / Going Forward

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Ajayt5 
#1 ·
Monthly Meets - If anyone has any ideas or feedback, it'd be great to hear it! Anything you want to see, or do, instead or in addition to what we've been doing so far, just speak up! I don't want it to get tired, and it would be good to get a good plan together for the forthcoming year.
Also if there's anyone who wants to get more involved, either on a regular basis or even to organise a one off meet or event, let me know - it doesn't have to be a big commitment!
It'd be great to hear from you - on here or message me!

#7 ·
1/. I reckon Camper jam should be a must...what dates for next year? Anybody know?

2/. I like the idea of a drive out with the aim of fish chips in paper looking at the sea...or looking at anything really, not proud.

3/. We could see if we could have a drive out to a near by regional meet. Somerset meet mid month on a Sunday, perhaps a picnic run to one of those.

4/. In better weather, perhaps suggest a picnic on the beach trip to Brean....camp on the Friday and Saturday with a beach picnic / party for kids...big and small on the saturday with the vans down on the beach. Kite/frisbee olympics....or do the same over on South Coast...Jurassic coast, see who finds the biggest fossil (no not me!) or...Swansea bay / Mumbles.

5/. Or for those into their cycles...we could do "bikes in the bus" trip to places for a cycle ride for a day out...Berkley Castle South of Gloucester is fairly flat and you can park by the canal at the bird sanctuary, cycle to Berkely Castle for a visit along the canal and smaller roads...then cycle back to the vans and a visit to Slimbridge. Suitable for kids and old f4rts as its flat.

Or do the same but with a picnic to come back to...off road cycling on reasonable circular routes or to places of interest.

6/. Perhaps a winters day out could be to meet for coffee at Tesco Petrol Garage A40 at Eynsham, then a scenic Foss Way drive to the motorcycle museum at Birmingham A45....or closer to home to the Bus museum at Long Hanborough / Steam museum Didcot...tailgate picnic to keep the cost down.

:D Anything for a drive out.

#11 ·
If we'r getting nostalgic...... Fish supper in newspaper sitting under the fog horn on nigg bay just outside Aberdeen in the boot of my dad's Humber Shooting brake with the tailgate open. Then the fog horn goes off & I litterly 5hit myself. :eek: I was about 5 at the time I:

#12 ·
OK here is a cycle one for folks for fair weather of course....or for winter use, drop the cycles and use to drive the route...?

Meet at a convenient point and drive to Clanfield, park up and break ut the cycles. Cycle on very small roads to Filkin to the Cotswold Woollen Weavers centre. Free entry, gift shop etc...then to Lechlade for coffee/drink by the Thames...then cycle back.

If without the bikes, meet for coffee and hook up at Tesco Express on A40 at Eynsham. Drive as a group, the scenic route to the Mill, then onto Lechlade and then close up early evening at Swan at Radcot / Clanfield Tavern or such like. Good for all ages as the Mill is interesting for kids if we are driving. Or build in a visit to Faringdon and the Folly on a date when it is open.

I'll explore the road route on the Monkey bike next time we get a dry weekend...(Its a reasonable excuse, as well you know it is!!!! :D )

#16 ·
Cruise to the Volksworld Show, meeting at Beaconsfield services for Breakfast?

Trip to bus and steam museum sounds good, kids would love that.

Camping near Windsor - with perhaps a family bike ride around Dorey Lake, trip into Windsor or Legoland? might be able to organise something late summer?

#17 ·
Sounds good, Chortle - will look at he volksworld thing...

Camping nr Windsor could be a good one too - there's always the Lookout at Bracknell for those wanting a more off road ride tooT:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.