VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

521 - 540 of 618 Posts

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #521
I fitted swivels to my T4 and that extra height did annoy I have to say. Even the OH at around 5' 7" or so noticed the difference. They got removed and sold on fairly quickly.
Some people chop the base down by an inch or so to bring the height back to normal - but if you have a battery in the base that could be a problem I think?
Just took it out and it sits much better, only issue now my view of the headunit isnt as good as the stereos sort of pointing up and now iam sitting lower down

yes well under the drivers seat i just use it for general storage so lowering it isnt an issue. The passenger side has the battery and charger in so cant really lower that one and having a passenger swivel we use it all the time.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Interior retrim sound good mate, anything that removes the grey and plastic is always a winner...
Also...

Gives you an idea before busting out the rattle cans and opening your wallet (y)

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #523
yes well under the drivers seat i just use it for general storage so lowering it isnt an issue. The passenger side has the battery and charger in so cant really lower that one and having a passenger swivel we use it all the time.
Interior retrim sound good mate, anything that removes the grey and plastic is always a winner...
Also...
View attachment 188737
Gives you an idea before busting out the rattle cans and opening your wallet (y)
I like that, thanks for doing that, could you do me a favour and also black out the trim above the number plate so can see what that looks like, thanks again 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
There's just no pleasing some people :oops:
Here you go mate...

I've actually been toying with rear fake windows, but then started thinking maybe get nearside actual window then a fake for the offside as my cupboards cover it.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #526
Thanks for that mate, think I like that. Bearing in mind that’s an old pic, I’ve got black sidebars black door handles and smoked rear lights since then, I reckon it might go. Thanks again for doing that, does help out before I go out and buy stuff

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Yeah I did try to find a more up to date rear shot but couldn't, feel free to post or ping me a recent shot and I'll do it again (y) But yeah, does look cool.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #528
Installed new deep sidestep from Van-X with light blanked off and sidestep mat. The mats should grip without anything needed but found they fall out fairly easy so used some heavy duty velcro dots so can be removed for cleaning.

sorry pics are ****, had poor lighting

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #529
When my replacement front steps come from Calicampers need to do the same with the mats

In the delivery from calicampers should be a new sliding door seal and tailgate seal.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Looks good, these sorts of touches really help the interior feel more homely.

I need to replace my slider seal, blooming expensive though!

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #531
cheers

more parcels arrived today while i was out. will be fitting them tomorrow :)

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
It's tomorrow...whatcha fitting then? 👀

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #533
It's tomorrow...whatcha fitting then? 👀
Nothing that interesting tbh, just tidying stuff up

This is what arrived

Installed velcro dots and new clips on the front steps and velcroed the carpet to the steps

The old door front seals, both sides looked like this, both sides had split seals

Passenger side, kick plate, new door seal, new step and mat fitted

same on the drivers side

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #534 (Edited)
The old tailgate threshold and seal had been cut (bodged) by the previous owner to run a electric hook up out the tailgate.

Old vs new

New tailgate seal and threshold cover fitted. I noticed that i don't have any screw hole covers for the threshold so ordered a full set from Travelin-Lite for £8. Should look a better finish when they arrive

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #535
Waiting on the arrival of a few gloss black rear end parts and a new set of smoked LED sequential rear lights. Lights are arriving this evening according to DHL. Lights are a bit of a gamble, not sure if they are too MODIFIED for my liking, but ill fit them and see what i think. They would also look better with some other gloss black parts so the lights on their own don't stand out.

Trying to break up the silver colour coded rear end, looks a little boring.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #536
I also received a new sliding side door seal, but the one i received is way shorter than the original one i took off, so that will have to go back.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Looks much better with fresh parts, my side steps and seals look about as bad as your originals.

Have you noticed any reduction in road noise with the new seals in?

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #538
Looks much better with fresh parts, my side steps and seals look about as bad as your originals.

Have you noticed any reduction in road noise with the new seals in?
haven't actually been anywhere in it yet, vans still in bits in places.

Lights have arrived and i've fitted them, sort of like them sort of don't lol

I will make a final judgement when the other black parts turn up and i've fitted them.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #540
Nice and tidy now 👍
Where did you get your door seals and are the genuine items ?
Front door steps and tailgate seal is a genuine VW item from calicampers £40 for seal and £30 for a pair of steps, was newish, removed from a new van. The front door seals where from Just Kampers £40 each. quality not as good as original VW ones though IMO. Dread to think what original front door seals cost from VW.

I am finding though lots of after market parts from well established places like Van-X, Vanstyle, Travelin-Lite, Just Kampers etc that claim they are OEM quailty, IMO there nowhere near as good or solid as the original VW parts they have replaced, particularly plastic parts which are flexi, genuine VW plastic parts very stiff and sturdy.

521 - 540 of 618 Posts