VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

541 - 560 of 618 Posts

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #542 (Edited)
Ive heard that genuine seals are the ones to buy if poss .
I'd like to fit a full set ....so i'll start saving then 😁 .
i would have to agree after going aftermarket. The Just Kamper ones aren't bad, there just not as good as original. Well if these dont last the replacements will be by VW

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #543
Starting wrapping in the back.

Went with some d-c-fix self adhesive vinyl wrap in shabby wood. Only done the table for now. Wont look right until the complete kitchen pod and fridge have been done to match. Tv is going to be wrapped matt white. Also needs a new matching floor mat.

Will strip down the kitchen pod tomorrow and start on that.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #544
Not sure if i just change the window curtains from black to grey or go for a vanshades style pulldown blinds solution with the window pods ?

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Love the look of van shades but just cant justify the price .
If you change to change to grey curtains make sure the poppers are gonna line up cuz ours where/are all over the shop (cheaply made crappy vanx curtains)

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #546
Love the look of van shades but just cant justify the price .
If you change to change to grey curtains make sure the poppers are gonna line up cuz ours where/are all over the shop (cheaply made crappy vanx curtains)
I thought the first lot of stuff i Had from Van-x a few years ago was really good, the recent stuff ive had from them was trash...overpriced and poor quality. Won't be using in the future

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #547
Ok, gloss black rear bumper protector fitted, makes the black lights look a little better

removing the kitchen pod out the van tonight and flat packing it so each panel can be wrapped individually, this is going to take some time, means removing all the electric wiring, gas pipes, the hobs and sink and the water line and anything else that is attached to it.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Going to invest in some new seals shortly, not sure I can stretch the genuine VW ones as I'd imagine they are not cheap in the slightest.
Interior wrapping looks very smart, have to say your rear interior looks proper homely and cosy, hoping mine will feel like that when I'm finished...well I say finished but we know what that really means.
My curtains were from THQ and I felt they were decent enough, barn door rails weren't good at all, still need to rework them to make them follow the window contours better.
Lets see your freshened up rear, and any more progress on the interior (y)

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #551
Pics of the rear, wasn't too keen at first but its slowly growing on me. I did try a gloss black trim piece over the trim that sits above the number plate but didn't like it at all so took it back off. Iam waiting on a gloss black rear numberplate surround and see what that looks like. I need to order a new gloss black rear sportline tailgate spoiler think it will help break up the back even more. Also fancy upgrading the rear bumper to the newer T5.1 2012 style one and add reverse sensors at the same time.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #552
Progress on the kitchen pod is slow but its getting there.

Original one in.

started pulling it all part and wrapping bits. My living room is empty as we are renovating it so been using that as storage for all my bits at the moment

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #553
Need to replace one of the original shelfs today as i find its too short, so need to cut, wrap and fit that, then need to install the sink/burner combo back in along with all the electrics.

Iam thinking i might build a small splashback for it while its out, stop stuff falling down the back of the pod.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Looking good mate , i like those rear lights 😎 .
What are they like with indicators, reverse, brake lights etc lit .?
I reckon thats enough black for me already.

·
Registered
123 Posts
the back looks tidy, personally I'd have leaned towards clear lenses and then a black spoiler, but as I've still got commercial's on I can't talk 😂

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Rear's looks very smart, gloss black has broken up the silver nicely (y)
Interior upgrade is looking very cool too.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #557
Looking good mate , i like those rear lights 😎 .
What are they like with indicators, reverse, brake lights etc lit .?
I reckon thats enough black for me already.
Ill get some more pics up at night with the extra lights, the indicators are like the Audi sequential direction ones.
Yes it's tricky to not start going to black everywhere. I want the rear to look different from standard but not stand out for the wrong reasons, its just finding that balance of not enough or too much.
the back looks tidy, personally I'd have leaned towards clear lenses and then a black spoiler, but as I've still got commercial's on I can't talk 😂
Cheers, the van has a silver/black theme going on, clears would look out of place i think
Rear's looks very smart, gloss black has broken up the silver nicely (y)
Interior upgrade is looking very cool too.
Yea its getting there. ordered a few switches to replace/upgrade the kitchen pod

Some white rocker switches to replace the black ones

And 2 x USB 3.0 Fast charge USB ports, to replace the old 1a/2.1a one and the other will replace the voltage gauge, dont need a live volts gauge now as i have the Victron Smart battery monitor gauge

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #560 (Edited)
Kitchen pod should be going back in tonight, Just need to wrap the back panel, reinstall the hobs and sink and stick the led strip lights back on

I used some cable trunking and some clips to try and tidy up the horrendous wiring that was going on inside the pod

Before

After.
Not perfect but certainly better

541 - 560 of 618 Posts