VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

561 - 580 of 618 Posts

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Loving the work you're doing @Pac-Man

Your thread gave me the inspiration for a forward pull out bed and loved how cosy it looked!

Loving the black and silver contrast, I do love the modified T5.1s in silver, just something about them I love! I was looking at those tail lights to begin with for my van! Youve really made me think what I want for tail lights! Them or the 6.1 lights!

How difficult was it to add the vinyl to your existing units?

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #564
I got the kitchen pod in and blew some fuses. Time to strip out all the old bodged wiring and start with fresh wiring make sure everything has its own fuse and not sharing with other stuff. I should of done that when it was out anyway instead of wasting time tidying up old dodgy wiring.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
I'm thinking of putting a 10 or a 12way fuse board in ours just so everything has its own dedicated fuse and maybe a couple of spares....but no matter how many times i count up i'm not gonna have 'that' many circuits off my leisure battery .:unsure:

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #566 (Edited)
I'm thinking of putting a 10 or a 12way fuse board in ours just so everything has its own dedicated fuse and maybe a couple of spares....but no matter how many times i count up i'm not gonna have 'that' many circuits off my leisure battery .:unsure:
yes making something today just to get it working but was thinking of getting 10 way fuse board myself and splitting everything via that to make life easier and safer it something wants to play up.

Need to order something like this. Just one live wire to the panel from the leisure battery then feed all your fused lives from that to your fridge, TV, USB ports, 12V cig lighter, lights, water pump, electric water tap etc. No need for LED blade fuses with this sort of board either as they have a red led light that glows if one pops.

You can get some that have a central point for the earth and all the earth feeds too.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
It is impressive when seeing you guys talking about electrics, as I've said in the past I knowing very little about this and so tend to steer clear of it, I can't even get 2 lengths of led's to work with pug and play connectors and cabling, all the above is so far over my brain box :unsure:
Looking forward to seeing the updated furniture back in 👍

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #568
Kitchen pod is finally in. Now fully wrapped, added a small splashback on the top and rewired the entire Kitchen pod with fuses. Added 2 new USB 3.0 Fast charge ports giving 4 USB at 18w 3amps with on/off switch so its not always live.

Temp fix with a small fuse board i had kicking about just get it all working. Will get a proper fuse board for it and then maybe box it in so its protected

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #569
Need to wrap the TV bezel and the kiravans sliding door store matt white and rebuild the wall storage pods and colour code them also.

Black curtains will have to go for something lighter, grey/white theme coloured

oh and that floor matt has gotta go lol

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
That looks awesome mate, very homely 👍 I added a back splash to my worktop, makes a nice addition and helps hide the curtain rail.
I've got grey curtains from THQ, would tie in nicely with your theme.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #571
That looks awesome mate, very homely 👍 I added a back splash to my worktop, makes a nice addition and helps hide the curtain rail.
I've got grey curtains from THQ, would tie in nicely with your theme.
Cheers mate, yes some quality grey curtains would work. Considering making my own.......i say me....i mean the wife.

Changed a few furnishings to make the new colour theme work better

Complete redesign of the wall pods, change of curtains, vinyl wrap for the TV is next on the cards.

After that will look into changing the floor carpet and roof lining. Got a cool idea that i can make to redesign the roof.

And what family beach party at night in the summer would be complete without a remote colour changing disco ball 🥳

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Looking very neat mate 👍
Need to get some bits ordered for ours now . Fuseboard, roll of 2mm , crimps and probably a load of other stuff ....:unsure:

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #575
🦈🐟📦 .......🕺
🤣🥳
Looking very neat mate 👍
Need to get some bits ordered for ours now . Fuseboard, roll of 2mm , crimps and probably a load of other stuff ....:unsure:
Thanks (y)

Yes and me, have you picked the fuseboard your going with, also where are you going to install yours ?

I want mine out the way of sight but easy enough to access if you need to change one.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #576
Going to attempted wrapping the TV today. Dont know if i should take the tv apart so i can take the front bezel off and wrap that so i dont blade the screen. Also not sure if i should do it it in a matt white or a light matt grey

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
🦈🐟📦 .......🕺
😂 I was look at this thinking "shark, fish, box...man"? :unsure:
All looking very cool mate, what's the plan for the ceiling then?
I really need / want to get my ceiling lights in and working...working being the issue currently.
I'd say matt grey for the tv, white can be a little to clinical.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #578
😂 I was look at this thinking "shark, fish, box...man"? :unsure:
All looking very cool mate, what's the plan for the ceiling then?
I really need / want to get my ceiling lights in and working...working being the issue currently.
I'd say matt grey for the tv, white can be a little to clinical.
Ok grey it is then. Will do a little research on the roof then will reveal all.

. What's up with your lights ?,........ill post in your thread :)

561 - 580 of 618 Posts