Light and head unit installed

Light gives a nice red ambient light at night in the cab

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Future plans:

remap to 180bhp, retrofit rear reverse sensors, LED Bar Headlights, Smoked LED rear lights, Sportline front bumper splitter, sportline foglights, paint calipers black, change the alloys, maybe some gloss black side bars, change the rear interior spotlights from bright coolwhite to something softer like warm white, re-wire of the leisure battery system, rubber matts for front door bins, D-Shaped Steering wheel with headunit buttons, retrofit steering column stalk so can switch through mpg etc on the dash display, Extra USB charge points in the dash, replace broken cupholder\coin tray, Rear TV and freeview aerial installation, Kiravans Sliding door strorage bins, retrofit leather heated front captains chairs and genuine heated seat switches (replace air con controller for one with heated seat switches), battery and engine cover, new kickguards for the front doors, Retrofit auto headlight switch.

Extras for the headunit i want to get:
Full TPMS system (tyre pressure monitor) 4G dongle so dont need to keep tethering the headunit from a phone for internet, ODB2 dongle to see more car data on the headunit, Xtrons DVB-T freeview box for rear TV and headunit

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The T32 also had 4 new tyres today. All 4 pretty much had illegal tread depth.

Next job: get a tinted sunviors strip for the windscreen

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Got a right good list there mate :D

How you finding the new HU ?
For the price its amazing..............its got everything on it

I installed a Pioneer Double Din in my Wifes MK1 VW EOS a few years ago. That cost me £500 and its nowhere near as good as this Xtron one that cost £220.

One of these would fit in her Eos, so maybe getting a 2nd one.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Hi Pac-man, Looking good, it's all in the detail liking your changes.
We bought our Kombi at the the end of June and I am still researching beds, yours looks as though it may work for us. Could you send me photos of how it's built. Is it full width.
Cheers Lynsa:)

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hi Pac-man, Looking good, it's all in the detail liking your changes.
We bought our Kombi at the the end of June and I am still researching beds, yours looks as though it may work for us. Could you send me photos of how it's built. Is it full width.
Cheers Lynsa:)
Hi Lynsa

Yes its full width. Iam 6ft 3 and my toes just reach the end of the bed if iam dead straight on it. My wife said its more comfy then our bed at home. Its got a 8" foam matresss as the base. Only downside to my bed, obviously theres no rear seatbelts as its just a custom wooden frame bed, but we only got it for the two of us so that didn't matter to us. We looked at many conversions with rock and roll beds and the high wardrobe style storage but it just made the bed so narrow when lying down. We compromised storage space for bed size as it was more important that we had a good wide sleeping space. Also theres full storage under the bed.

Ill get you some pics tomorrow in the daytime

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
WOW !

Found a way to get a 4TB Seagate 2.5" Portable hard drive to work with the Xtrons Android headunit. Just loaded it with music, videos and music videos.

Pics to follow tomorrow

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Nice list you have going there, sorry to tell you though the list becomes never ending :D
your right, already thought of things that arnt on that list. Reverse camera and pop top straight off the top of my head lol

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Thanks Pac-man,
We are more interested in the bed than side units etc. it's got a be comfortable and With storage underneath it would suit us fine. I am hoping to remove it when not using as a camper as its my daily drive. We don't seat belts as there is just the two of us and always have the Kombi seats if absolutely needed. Look forward to the photos
Cheers Lynda T:

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thanks Pac-man,
We are more interested in the bed than side units etc. it's got a be comfortable and With storage underneath it would suit us fine. I am hoping to remove it when not using as a camper as its my daily drive. We don't seat belts as there is just the two of us and always have the Kombi seats if absolutely needed. Look forward to the photos
Cheers Lynda T:
Yes, we seem to have the same needs. Ill grab you those photos today.

Take the mattress and sheets off, a few screws and the bed top comes completely out, so you have the full length of the van if you need to take a trip to ikea ect.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Just come back from a weekend at three cliffs bay, Gower, Swansea.

Such a beautiful beach. Can’t wait to go back next summer
View from the side of the van

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Picked up a Haynes to do the glow plugs cause they look like a nightmare to do

41 - 60 of 618 Posts