VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

641 - 660 of 706 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,249 Posts
I wrapped my a pillars in the tartan fabric which is quite thicker than the fabric you should be getting, pretty easy to do to be fair. The rest of the dash will be trickier, but it does look awesome in those pics, and those seats 🤤 Going to look amazing mate!

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #647 ·
Also seriously thinking respray.

I dont get the same reflection satisfaction from cleaning a silver van. My BMW is sapphire black and you can get a nice mirror shine on that when you detail it

iam wondering about a repaint in BMW Ruby black.i know iam looking at 3-4k for it but iam seriously considering it.

Failing that looking at a deep wine red

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #649 ·
Yes i want something dark for good reflection but a non factory T5 colour, i am leaning towards something very deep or dark red.

My 330D, cleaning satisfaction

·
Registered
2013 Startline T5 Kombi
234 Posts
Also seriously thinking respray.

I dont get the same reflection satisfaction from cleaning a silver van. My BMW is sapphire black and you can get a nice mirror shine on that when you detail it

iam wondering about a repaint in BMW Ruby black.i know iam looking at 3-4k for it but iam seriously considering it.

View attachment 190179

Failing that looking at a deep wine red
My last car was a sapphire black BMW and it looked nothing like that. I really should have cleaned it probably!

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
I reckon i'm gonna look for a decent DA , i keep looking but not cheap the stuff i like the look of .
The rotary i have now is just too big and heavy could do with something small .

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #655 ·
My last car was a sapphire black BMW and it looked nothing like that. I really should have cleaned it probably!
That first pic i posted of the Beemer wing isn't mine just one i found online of Ruby black, the last pic is my 330D in sapphire black, has some very light silver specks in it.

·
Registered
2013 Startline T5 Kombi
234 Posts
That first pic i posted of the Beemer wing isn't mine just one i found online of Ruby black, the last pic is my 330D in sapphire black, has some very light silver specks in it.
I think it's more that I only washed it twice in the five years I owned it, tbh.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #660 ·
Only small update, managed to install some mini led lights in the floating shelf above the cooker, they run off a switch on the kitchen pod dedicated to just these. Those are only single LED 0.7w warm white lights so the are not bright, but they do make a nice subtle ambient night lighting.

641 - 660 of 706 Posts