VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

661 - 680 of 706 Posts

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #662 ·
Hmm just wondering what i should do next, so many on going projects i want to get on with

·
Premium Member
3,249 Posts
What's top of the list? Which project (s) do you have the majority of kit to get to complete?

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #666 ·
I like Bath 👍 , where did you stay ?
Car park in the town center free overnight parking and £15 all day parking, only problem is bath is now a clean air zone so got to pay £9 for yesterday and £9 for today as the van doesn’t qualify as a car.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
We've started collecting magnets for places we have been to as well!
I swear I'm not copying you😂
Only got 2 so far but will soon stack up hopefully!😝

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #668 · (Edited)
We've started collecting magnets for places we have been to as well!
I swear I'm not copying you😂
Only got 2 so far but will soon stack up hopefully!😝
Yes I love doing it, Iam always saying to the wife remember we got to find a magnet before we leave LOL think it’s part of van life, seen loads of people with them. It’s the equivalent of your passport stamps from the places you been.......but for that van LOL

we try and keep it to 1 magnet per place so we got space for future adventures.

I was ****** when we got our fridge cause the door was just a card finish so magnets had nothing to stick it. I went as far as dismantling the front trim of the door and mounting the trim on to a thin metal steel sheet for magnets 😂

·
Premium Member
3,249 Posts
Now that is dedication to the cause right there (y)
You may have just given me an idea for housing my dining room table too, cheers mate.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I've been lucky to as I'm sticking them on the inside of the barn doors as they are still metal! Im not worried about them being scratched as they will be windows in the future!
We will be doing the same with 1 magnet per place! We spend ages trying to find a nice one in burnham!😂

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #671 ·
I've been lucky to as I'm sticking them on the inside of the barn doors as they are still metal! Im not worried about them being scratched as they will be windows in the future!
We will be doing the same with 1 magnet per place! We spend ages trying to find a nice one in burnham!😂
Yea it does become a bit of a mission

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #672 ·
Now that is dedication to the cause right there (y)
You may have just given me an idea for housing my dining room table too, cheers mate.
Its a handy place to have it, easy access and hides the storage hole under the bed

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes I love doing it, Iam always saying to the wife remember we got to find a magnet before we leave LOL think it’s part of van life, seen loads of people with them. It’s the equivalent of your passport stamps from the places you been.......but for that van LOL

we try and keep it to 1 magnet per place so we got space for future adventures.

I was ** when we got our fridge cause the door was just a card finish so magnets had nothing to stick it. I went as far as dismantling the front trim of the door and mounting the trim on to a thin metal steel sheet for magnets 😂

View attachment 191626
what did it take to change the fridge door panel?
Also where is that bin from looks made for that spot

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #674 ·
what did it take to change the fridge door panel?
Also where is that bin from looks made for that spot
Bin was a B&M job, about £7,

For the fridge, just removed the bottom trim from the front door, just unclips, slide out the decorative card finish, got my mate at work to cut a me a thin steel sheet the same size as the card, then just vinyl wrapped the metal sheet and slide it back in and put bottom trim back on. So it replaced the standard card finish trim.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Bin was a B&M job, about £7,

For the fridge, just removed the bottom trim from the front door, just unclips, slide out the decorative card finish, got my mate at work to cut a me a thin steel sheet the same size as the card, then just vinyl wrapped the metal sheet and slide it back in and put bottom trim back on. So it replaced the standard card finish trim.
Nice one might have to do the same on my fridge if I can

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #677 ·
Think Iam buying the new Airtronic S2 D2L diesel heater for winter camping. Not much change from £1k but think it will be worth it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Your plastic plant inspired me to get some for mine! Crikey, that sounds expensive. Suppose it's worth it as you say though, if you're planning to get away through winter.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Cheapy fan heater with a thermostat for us as we dont go anywhere with hook-up.
I think the plastic plant thing could be a new trend :cool: ....maybe i should buy a couple of hundred and wait for the next vdub show to make a killing :unsure:.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #680 · (Edited)
Cheapy fan heater with a thermostat for us as we dont go anywhere with hook-up.
I think the plastic plant thing could be a new trend :cool: ....maybe i should buy a couple of hundred and wait for the next vdub show to make a killing :unsure:.
Ok you got me interested in this comment.

I know nothing about diesel heaters just starting to look at the moment. I don’t even have 240v hookup and don’t intend to. Is your diesel heater good on the battery then, wonder if mine isn’t ? If I have a diesel heater it will need to run off the battery, maybe I need to be looking into a solar panel too then ?

the new airtroinc setup I was looking is gonna come in at £1100. Super silent with extra app controller to remotely monitor the heat from an app.

it runs from 0.9 to 2.2kw and uses 34w power

661 - 680 of 706 Posts