VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

221 - 240 of 377 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
I bet! I'm off to a camper show this weekend to hopefully pick up some goodies to make the camping experience all that better ?

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #237 (Edited)
So a few weeks ago we spent the weekend away in the Cotswolds.

Being a bit of a fan of BBC Three "This Country" TV series i decided to visit Northleach where they film the series and went on a hunt to find filming locations.

These pics wont mean anything to anyone unless you are familiar with the show.

Kerrys House

The Bus Stop

The Vicars Office

The Bowls Club

Rob Robinson Garage

Mandy's House

The Lockup

The Village

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #238 (Edited)
Unfortunately the weekend ended with a trip back via the RAC.

The van lost drive on route home. Got it home and found the problem to be the o/s driveshaft had a clean break from the the gearbox stub axle side.

I picked up a new driveshaft along with a ball joint from Euro Car Parts. Opted for the better quailty GKN one over the cheaper Q Drive. So £350 later and a days work, its all back together and working again.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
What camper show did you go to ?
Camper Mart at Telford, was a decent show and gave me a great idea for my pull out sofa bed ?
I know Northleach well, there's a nice circular walk there and recently been taking my road bike there. I'm often down the Cotswolds for some adventure. (y)
Shame about your driveshaft mate, glad it's all sorted now though! Reminds me, I should really invest in breakdown cover with all the travelling I plan on doing!

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Campermart is around the corner from me, i live in Telford. I didn't go this year because i was already away but went last year. Yes get brakdown cover mate, i thought i was covered with the policy from my car but it wasn't. Had to pay £360 for RAC to recover it, so make sure you dont get shafted like i did.

221 - 240 of 377 Posts