VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

241 - 260 of 351 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
It was my second show so far, will be attending a lot more this year. (y) I've never had cover before, usually if I have a problem I could ring my brother who would come out to help, obviously if I'm in Wales he may not be too keen of a 6 hour round trip ?

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Well seeing as i have all this time off and i can still get deliveries, i've been busy buying stuff and working on the van.

I have fitted a black handbrake cover, i have installed gloss black upper and lower wing mirror covers and installed some Travelin-Lite LED puddle lights in the the lower mirror covers so they fade on/off with the interior lights, i have started to paint the mirror bases gloss black, bought a matt black roof guard from Vanstyle and painted it gloss black and fitted, fitted a caravelle upper B pillar with the vent on the passenger side so i can get warm air into the back (until i get a diesel heater), Fitted some Travelin-Lite gloss black door handle covers, fitted some van style smoked dynamic led sequential side indicators, fitted a pair of van style gloss black straight side bars, fitted a new Bosch mass sensor,

Today iam painting all the calipers gloss black with Hammerite metal paint.

Iam awaiting delivery of a new Pierburg EGR valve and cooler and some Rasome mudflaps (much better looking and fit then VW style ones)

Hmm, ill see what to do\buy next :)

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
How you doing mate, hope you're all safe and well! Certainly been keeping busy (I've currently 6 websites open re bits for my van 😂).
One thing I have to ask......where are the pictures? :eek:

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
van is dirty as......plan is to give it a wash tomorrow and let the calipers dry today. The Hammerite metal paint is like tar and takes a while to properly harden. Ill post some pics tomorrow after a wash :)

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Got a problem, just come to paint the last caliper, the drivers rear one, and found the wheel is spinning even with the handbrake fully up. The handbrake cable is moving freely but it seems the tensioner on the caliper has no tension in it........probs needs a new caliper so no point in painting this one.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
OK my mate who is a "key worker" picked up a new caliper from Euro Car Parts for me. Ive fitted it and its still not right. I took out the handbrake cable and its binding. I have skimmed off some of the plastic casing on the cable thats making it bind and it moves a little more freely now. Handbrake works and releases but the crappy handbrake cable doesn't allow it to fully go back up, but enough to release the handbrake. The cables will now rust as they have no plastic protection on them but its just a temp measure. Ill order 2 new handbrake cables and just change them both. Its only a 20 min job. Takes longer to jack up the van and remove the wheels then it does to replace the handbrake cables.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Good stuff mate, one of the small number of positives at this time is we can work on our vans and get jobs done. Certainly not making any light of the current climate, but from time to time we all need a little win to keep us going.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Ok well after waiting 3 weeks my new EGR and cooler turned up from Euro Car Parts. Cost £450 but found a code that did actually give me 52% off so ended it paying £213 delivered.

An hour later the old one is off and a split the egr from the cooler to look inside........WOW

New EGR in

New rear caliper fitted and painted brakes gloss black

Change handbrake cover from grey to a VW black one

Fitted a caravelle B pillar on with built in vent on the passenger side ready for rear heating from the front

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Started painting my mirror bases gloss black to match my new mirror covers. Waiting for a mini DA polish kit to turn up so i can start painting and polishing the main part of the bases

More pics this week of the gloss black side bars, handle covers and roof guard after a wash.....maybe tomorrow :)

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
with a kit like this

Ive already done the dash ends and pipe work, i just need a passenger door card with the vents.

Basillcally if you pop off the dash ends, theres a cap over the air ducts, pop them off and install those small black pipes and replace the dash ends with vented ones. The air blows through the dash ends, into that circle vent on the doorcard, behind that is ducting that goes to the other end of the door card and into the b pillar

I picked up a pair of dash ends with pipes for £15. door cards can be anywhere between £50-£100 then id have mine to sell as well.

Pretty simple to do actually. Think these were standard or options on the caravelle/multivan buses

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
i wasnt going to bother with the drivers side as the vent would just blow air right into the side of the kitchen pod. Dont really want hot air blowing right onto the fridge lol

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
Tempted to order a new stainless exhaust too. Last April at the MOT the exhaust was an advisory as the heatshield skin on the back box was persihing.....well since then ive ripped it right off as it was hanging down.

I might go Milltek stainless non resonated with the discrete backbox so no exhaust pipes are on show like the OEM one. Not a fan of the pipes on show unless they are house in some sort of rear diffuser.

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
Ive also pondered over buying the same exhaust 👍 , my only reservation would be that it might drone on motorway runs ....there must be someone on here that has one fitted and can confirm if this is the case.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
You have been busy mate, some nice work there (y)
I did wonder why some dash ends had air vents, didn't occure to me that it would vent through the doors into the back, every day's a school day as they say.
I'm currently painting the lower section of my mirrors as the vinyl has started to come away and is beyond repair.
I'd like the milltek exhaust but I want to dual oval tailpipes with the diffuser surround, only thing is it's circa £1400 for the lot :eek:

241 - 260 of 351 Posts