VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

281 - 300 of 373 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
You are right i will sort out some photos and start one tomorrow, very impressive cleaning kit :)
[
No problem Lynda, iam heading over to look at your build thread now.

update: Lynda you need to start one with pics :)
[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Looks like i may be ordering a Forge intercooler instead of the exhaust this week, still getting lack of power issues with VCDS showing me a p0299 boost pressure regulation control range not reached. Ive found oilly damp in the middle to the bottom of the intercooler, guess its damaged and leaking oil and hoping thats what the p0299 issue is. Turbo and all intercooler pipes look tight and dry. Also ordered some new genuine VW EGR vacuum pipes just to eliminate that as a problem.

Unless its sticky vanes on the turbo which i think cause overboost not underboost not sure what else to do. Changed the MAF for a Bosch one, change the EGR and cooler for a pierberg one, changed the N75 for a pierberg. The map sensor is still the original one. Damp on the intercooler cant be good though.

On a side note fitted 2 new rear handbrake cables and my Chinese mud flaps that took 2 months to come. Super poor fit, says for a T5/T6 but had to modify them to get them to fit.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Ive had scorpion many years ago
and returned it for a full refund after one part went rusty in 4 months !
Hoping theyre better these days :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Yeah looks like your old one has seen better days , new one looks shiiinny :love:.
Where you getting your exhaust from ? Everytime i start to look i can't help thinking 'thats a lot of money for a couple of lengths of tubing' :unsure:.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
Yeah looks like your old one has seen better days , new one looks shiiinny :love:.
Where you getting your exhaust from ? Everytime i start to look i can't help thinking 'thats a lot of money for a couple of lengths of tubing' :unsure:.
i think that about everything ive bought so far, not sure about where yet, going to do price checks online.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
Won’t buy anything again from darkside if I can help it, last year I bought a turbo and oil feed line but wanted to return the old feed pipe as I dint need it in the end, there response was stop sending stuff back we’re not euro car parts ! After spending over £600 on turbo, I asked for explanation to a rude response got nothing back. Haven’t ordered from them since, also there exhaust is like £70 more then the milltek, I can get a milltek for £360 that’s what I’ll end up with

281 - 300 of 373 Posts