VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

301 - 320 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Well thats one way to ensure you dont get repeat business from happy customers :rolleyes:.
Ive personally not dealt with them before.
I feel the same with vanx , their customer service stinks too and i'd rather stick forks in my eyes than give them any more of my money.

·
Registered
798 Posts
In this day and age you would think every penny counts and do your best to keep happy repeat customers eh .🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Yeah this is what the guy at Transporter HQ said when he was mapping my van, just can't get that voice out of head saying "do it" 🙉

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Van feels great and sounds a little different too, you have to bear in mind though I’ve come from a damaged original intercooler and been loosing boost and power so when I dropped the forge intercooler on it felt way better. I probably wouldn’t of bought one now if I didn’t need a replacement. Got no regrets though, build on it looks like it will last forever and it looks good too

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Thanks for the feedback mate, think I'll do the same as B&T and opt for an uprated one as and when mine fails. Plenty of other mods to spend my money on in the mean time 😇

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #311 (Edited)
Ok my leisure battery died this week, the setup and wiring was rubbish anyway, means i have no rear lighting, fridge, tv water pump for sink tap ect

Few more things purchased today:
1. VW heated seat control module
2. Leoch XR1750 AGM 110ah Deep Cycle Leisure Battery
3. Xtrons TPMS (tyre pressure monitor system)
4. Milltek Non Res DPF back discrete exhaust system
5. Contacted Hoovie about a B2B setup for new battery (need to order asap)

Also update the software on my xtrons headunit from Android 8 to Android 9 pie and installed the car web guru launcher app for a new interface

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Theres another few quid gone 🙃 .
You fitting all this yourself?
Ive never put a 12v system in our van as we only ever use it on hook-up but i might have to look into this .

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Ok my leisure battery died this week, the setup and wiring was rubbish anyway, means i have no rear lighting, fridge, tv water pump for sink tap ect

Few more things purchased today:
1. VW heated seat control module
2. Leoch XR1750 AGM 110ah Deep Cycle Leisure Battery
3. Xtrons TPMS (tyre pressure monitor system)
4. Milltek Non Res DPF back discrete exhaust system
5. Contacted Hoovie about a B2B setup for new battery (need to order asap)

Also update the software on my xtrons headunit from Android 8 to Android 9 pie and installed the car web guru launcher app for a new interface
Haha so the leisure battery dies and you decide to sort that and buy a new exhaust etc etc...hat's off to you mate! (y)

I always said I didn't want to have built in sink and hob but the more I see people who hat it, the more I want it :rolleyes: Even just running water would be great, ah well, plans are meant to change right?

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #314
The battery has been playing up for a while and i always meant to change it but wanted to do the exhaust first but since the battery died it came a priority.

It just happened to be payday for me, so i got both plus a few extras 😊

ill be ordering a b2b charger today too from Hoovie

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
Theres another few quid gone 🙃 .
You fitting all this yourself?
Ive never put a 12v system in our van as we only ever use it on hook-up but i might have to look into this .
yes your right about £1000 gone to be precise 😱

yes will do exhuast, B2B and battery myself. Ive done everything myself. Only thing i haven't done was the cambelt and waterpump, took it to a garage for that.

Iam looking forward to striping all the mess out and doing it propery with proper gauge wire

Thats why i got the heated seat module now too, so i can wire that to the seats why all the seats are out doing the battery.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I was saying the exact same thing to people, at a time when I'm on reduced wages I'm spending the most money 😂

How do you rate your Xtron hu mate, my stereo has gone the journey so looking for a replacement, never really been fussed with ICE, as long as it plays Planet Rock and has a good screen I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #318
Ok the xtrons headunit......its functionality is really good, like having an incorporated android tablet, can pretty much play anything from the play store, it can be a little buggy sometimes, i.e. random app crashes, occasionally the touch buttons dont work then start working again. Think i paid £250 for it and it does me. Plays tvplayer, netflix, amazon prime, iplayer, plex etc on the move reverse camera radio apps etc and i now run a car launcher app call car web guru and it changes the interface, ill get a pic tonight, looks best lite up at night. dont think you would get a headunit with this much functionality for less. I know there are fancy alpine headunits out there for like £1k but i still think you couldnt do as much with it as i can with the xtrons one. Ive just bought an xtrons tyre pressure monitor system for it for £70, will monior tyre pressure in real time and alert for punctures and low pressures.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
new interface on the xtrons headunit

its pretty good, you can customize everything, create your own icons and link them to open any app you want. This is how i set mine up

just have time, date, mic button for amazon alexia (can control my house lights etc or just ask questions) then i setup shortcuts to tvplayer, Kiss Kube, Amazon Music, Netflix, Internet and Satnav, settings button, weather app, the camper icon shows van info like how much fuel in the tank etc, the corner button with the 4 wheels is for the tyre pressure monitor system (waiting for the part to come to make this work), middle can change to show speed, directions, vw logo etc, top left shows status of the wifi, top right corner button opens all apps up.
, and

301 - 320 of 373 Posts