VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

321 - 340 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
When i looked at these everyone said to buy them from a uk distributor in case you have any problems with them snd need to send it back .
They worked out slightly more expensive from.the uk but made any problems under warranty easier to sort .
They are smart bits of kit especially considering the price .

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
Another productive day

Fitted the Xtrons TPMS system, easy to do

Stuck the control unit to the back of the dash

Installed the caps, there pretty ugly, but the do the job. i picked functional over vanity on this one

takes a few seconds to sync then the app shows the PSI and temps and triggers an alarm if any of the set boundaries are exceeded

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
Few more things arrived too

Got to work cutting out the old exhaust, but had an issue with the bracket from the dpf to the exhuast, theres no way the bolts were going to coming off so out come the angle grinder

Old exhaust out

Lined up the Milltek

And all done

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
Next job, wait for the Ablemail B2B charger, the Victron BMV-712 battery monitor, and the heated seat control module to arrive so i can do it all in one hit while the seats are out.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
Whats the new exhaust sound like ?
a little louder, not as loud as i thought it might be, but iam happy with it. I didnt want something that would annoy everyone on a camp site. I might do a video on put it on youtube and upload the link here for the sound.

Tell you what though van pulls way better which surprised me. Iam going to get the angle grinder out later and cut open the two silencer boxes on the old exhaust and see what they look like inside, iam convinced there clogged up and its been holding back some power. Not why i changed it but its an added bonus....i feeling the urge for a remap now have a taste for its extra pulling power.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
I suppose you know what you have now is straight through and clean as a whistle , the old boxes could be partially collapsed inside or just clagged up . ...be good to see

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
Cut open my old exhaust silencers just out of curiosity

The front silencer box doesn't loom too bad

rear back box, all the fury filter media was chocked up with soot

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #338
I dont know if i should go T6 front end upgrade i.e front bumper, grills, foglights, splitter etc or keep it 5.1 with corner DRL ?

opinions please ?

I like both, just think the T6 looks a little fresher. Van-X do the complete front end supplied and painted for £950 minus the headlights (will use my new DRL T5.1 headlights) Its a modified version so works with T5.1 headlights

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
I'm not convinced personally about the 'hybrid' look.
Exhaust doesn't look as choked as i thought it might .
And that head unit fits the dash facia real nice , makes the screen look massive .

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Exhaust looks like a family of Angora hamsters had taken residence in there! Will be interested to see how you get on with your heated seats 👍

321 - 340 of 373 Posts