VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

401 - 420 of 442 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
The original chrome was slightly bubbled anyway so gonna cut my losses and start fresh .
Need to order some more paint too
you can have my old one if you want ? can send it out to you.

its the gloss black one on the right with matt black background.

will need backing tape to mount it.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
I spent way more then i should of during lockdown so need to take a van break........

having said that i cant help but think about the next lot of upgrades 😊

gonna hold off on a remap for the moment until i can inspect the clutch, gearbox and turbo. vans on 240k and i dont know how old they all are. i dont have any receipts to prove they were ever changed.

I know i want to finish the air vent pillar upgrade, so that requires new door cards with the round vents, corner DRLs, foglights and loom, MK7 golf r steering wheel and airbag, and retrofit vw reverse parkign sensors. would also like to upgrade the front speakers and add tweeters....maybe some rainbows and add some rear speakers.....where to start

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
gonna hold off on a remap for the moment until i can inspect the clutch, gearbox and turbo. vans on 240k and i dont know how old they all are. i dont have any receipts to prove they were ever changed.
Mines got slightly less mileage, I am also wondering about condition of clutch, gearbox, mdf etc., it’s becoming increasingly difficult to get a smooth gear change from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to third 🤔

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
I spent way more then i should of during lockdown so need to take a van break........

having said that i cant help but think about the next lot of upgrades 😊

I know i want to finish the air vent pillar upgrade, so that requires new door cards with the round vents, corner DRLs, foglights and loom, MK7 golf r steering wheel and airbag, and retrofit vw reverse parkign sensors. would also like to upgrade the front speakers and add tweeters....maybe some rainbows and add some rear speakers.....where to start
I actually didn't think there was that much else you had / wanted to do :oops: it truly is never ending.
My new hu has been delivered today 😁

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
Thanks for the kind offer mate but i've already ordered one . 👍 .
new speakers next the Pete ;)

Pac-man - they dont make the rainbows anymore (n)
what HU did you opt for in the end ?

no more rainbows.......wonder what the alternatives are now then

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
what HU did you opt for in the end ?

no more rainbows.......wonder what the alternatives are now then
The one you linked mate, as it was the one I was already looking at. Arrived yesterday which is really good as they stated a 2 week lead time. Just got to try and fit it now 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the kind offer mate but i've already ordered one . 👍 .
new speakers next the Pete ;)

Pac-man - they dont make the rainbows anymore (n)
I've never really bothered with speakers so know nothing about what's good or not, you guys talking rainbows and I'm thinking of the ones in the sky 🤣

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
And not the rainbow with zippy,george and bungle either :ROFLMAO: .

The standard speakers aren't great in vans , ours were blown when we bought it and farted horribly 🙉.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
iam about to attended on online drivers awareness course for speeding.

3 hours long, better £90 for the coutse then the 3 points for speeding.

i wouldnt mind but its sneaky how they get you. M6 smart motorway speed drops to 40 mph even though there is no traffic or roadworks......and you get very little notice of the speed drop. I see this camera going off all the time

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
i fancy a pair of T6 sidewings and indicators, think the location and look of the indicators are better then a T5

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
i fancy a pair of T6 sidewings and indicators, think the location and look of the indicators are better then a T5
The headlights are different on t6 though so you'd have to get your original indicator holes filled in your existing wings i would have thought .

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
The headlights are different on t6 though so you'd have to get your original indicator holes filled in your existing wings i would have thought .
You cant get T6 style wings for a T5.1, direct replacement. there about £150 a pair unpainted

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Really do like the look of T6 repeaters on a T5, it's one of those subtle touches that make people look twice 👀(y)

401 - 420 of 442 Posts