VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

421 - 440 of 442 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
Its great to be back on the north wales coast line 😊

Cant beat watching a live F1 race on the beach (y)

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Fantastic mate, looks like many of us ventured to the beach over the weekend, so good to get back to some normality whilst being mindful. (y)

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #424
Just bought a set of reflex silver corner LED DRL's from Travel-in Lite. should arrive next week so a job to do next weekend.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
Corner DRL's are delayed by a week due to lack of painted corner covers. Cars booked in tomorrow for 4 new tyres, just ordered oil and filter for this weekends service and just ordering some brembo discs and pads all round

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
getting carried away with the front brake setup now

going to go with the bi-turbo twin pot calipers with 340mm brembo discs and pads

just need to collect all the parts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
You buying 2nd hand parts ?
trying to go new. but finding it cheaper to buy parts separately then a bundle. Bundle from darkside for example is over £900
i can get new vw twin pot calipers for about £150 a piece

also ordered a set of T6 flat wiper arm and aero blades from just kampers

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
ordered new dust shields, bolts and disc stay bolts. need to source caliper carriers, carrier bolts, guide pins and caliper retaining springs

then get some front brembo discs and pads

rear brembo discs and pads ordered

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
A few updates

This years service done

T6 flat wiper arm and bosh aero blade upgrade done

Old T5 hook type arms

New T6 flat ones

Some brembo bling for the back end

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Mmmmmmmm Brembo :cool: Going to be a smart set up that mate, watching with interest (y)

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
yes hope so

Ok, went second hand in the end for the calipers, i found genuine new calipers at a good price but the spring clips were pricey and from Germany and i couldn't find the carriers on there own without going to dealer, no idea how much they would be but not cheap id imagine.

secured a set of Bi-TDI calipers in the end from a 2017 T6, £350 all in with the calipers, carriers, retaining clips, guide pins and brake hoses.

Just need to find a suitable set of Brembo 340mm front discs now.

Collect the Brembo pads and they are MASSIVE !

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #436
Weekend job, clean the callipers back and paint them silver and order 340mm discs

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Better make sure everything in your bus is tied down securely, some serious stopping power there! (y)

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #439
discs have arrived but i have a problem lol

the calipers to carriers use a 9mm allen key.

Ive got a shed load of tools but dont own a 9mm allen key, there not even easily available i.e. halfords, euro car parts and other local car accessory shops dont stock them. all my sets go from H8 to H10 no H9.

Had to order one from Amazon coming tomorrow, so thats slowing down progress. i cant paint the calipers or carriers until i have separated them.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Ah that sucks, at least it'll be with your tomorrow so not too much of a delay. Just frustrating when you want to get on with a job.

421 - 440 of 442 Posts