VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
driving up the A1 last night and my fan belt went, temp crept up and battery light came on, had to pull over about a mile and a half from the welwyn garden city junction before melt down.

managed to let it cool down enough to get off at the next junction, phoned round a few buddies for a tow, no go then phoned my mechanic (who is also a buddy, but it was 19.30 and he had sat down on the sofa and seized up with his severe arthritis).

he sorted himself out jumped in his car and drove the 20 odd miles out to me with an emergency fan belt (cut to length, push together job) gets me going and lets me drop the van in his garage to be fixed over the next couple of days (sump needs replacing as well and a few other small jobs) then gave me a lift home.

The best part is he wants no money at all, i've just got to wire in a new shower in his new shower room which will take about 30 minutes.

so not too bad a night at all

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts
sounds like a proper mate
not many of them about sounds like a diamond T:

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
if youd posted here when parked up I reckon Jimbo (of the forum) would have popped round with a cup of Tea, if not a fanbelt!

Glad yer sorted.:ILU:

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers lads, its nice to know people still look out for their mates. doesn't happen too often does it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts