VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just removed the Airbox and Moss magnet from my T4 in order to fit one of Jodygales Stainless Steel Mesh grilles.

There was a large amount of crud and debris trapped above the wheel arch between the inner and outer wing and the foam filter was soaked through.

I won't replace the Airbox until I am convinced that the adhesive is securely holding the grille in place when I remove the cable ties.

I now need to decide whether to refit the Airbox and Filter or whether to fit an Induction Kit instead and have more space in the engine bay.

Not looking for extra performance by fitting an Induction Kit as my T4 drives very well at the moment.

Will an Induction Kit give me the same performance and reliability as the standard air filter and airbox?.

Engine is the 2.5 TDI with EGR Blanked, CAT removed and then remapped by the magician Wayne at ChipwizardsT:

What do the experts recommend please?.

Thank You

·
Registered
263 Posts
Unless it's an enclosed induction kit then keep it standard with a free flow panel filter. Open cone induction kits suck in more air but that will be warm engine air which will decrease performance and economy especially with a turbo engine as the cooler the air is the better.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I bought a K&N panel Filter for my 2.5TDI but never fitted it because I heard that they can destroy the MAF.

Up to now I just replace the paper filter each year.

Looks like I will be refitting the old Airbox with a new paper filter tomorrow then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts