VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got round to getting the van 95% to how I finally want it, it has taken a while to get to this state but got there in the end:D

This has been due to a mixture of factors(a tour in afghan helped with the funds & time offT:) and other people's skill and workmanship.

So in the order I did it all, which may not be the correct order but hey, it seems to have worked for meRasp:

1. Dynamatted the rear including the wheel arches.
2. Sound absorbing foam from Paul at classic acoustics on top of the dynamat on the doors and sides.
3. Side and barn door windows supplied and fitted by Dean at Vandoc. It was a weird feeling to watch someone cut bloody great big holes in the side of your pride and joy but what Dean didn't know about his job ain't worth knowing and what a genuine and top bloke he is, if you want windows fitted he has to be your first call, thank you DeanT:
4. Caravelle rails, twin captains up front and 2 x single swivelling captains in the rear with isofix points for the rug rats chairs. The rails and seats were supplied and fitted by Colin at Oxford T5, a totally top, genuine bloke who's work is top notch and has more experience and knowledge on hand to ensure a first class job is carried out. Thank you Colin.
5. Carpetting the rear, this was actually done by Si (a mate) and I. It was a long but enjoyable day and the end results actually look pretty good, well we got a compliment from Andy (see number 6) on our efforts and I am pleasedA:
6. Got the floor supplied and fitted by Andy at Wickedtintz in Cornwall. It's meant a 4 hour drive each way but for quality and workmanship it is totally worth it. I have a bit of OCD when it comes to doing work on the van that I will be living with for a few years to come so only the best will do. Andy is a consummate professional who takes pride in his work and went above and beyond what was required to ensure I left with exactly what I wanted. A first class job again. Thank you Andy.

A few little jobs left to do but I will get round to them eventually, but the main reason for posting is to pass on my thanks to the guys mentioned above for the quality of their work, the advice, the willingness to put up with my OCD and for making me happy with how the van has turned outA:A:A:

If anyone needs any of the jobs listed above doing, then I can and will happily recommend the above guys, knowing you will not be disappointed in what you receive. Also if anyone wants any advice from me (god forbid) please ask away.

Will try to upload pics at some point if required. Bit of a busy few weeks coming up though but will try my best.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the kind words Danny, glad you got back safely!!! That weather was horrendous!!
Had to have the wipers on the fastest setting but got back safely in the endT:

Thanks again for the top work Andy, the van is mega quiet now as we'll and the long haired general was also mightily impressed with your workmanshipT:A:

Cheers mate:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts