VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question for you guys i have a lwb t32 combi ive heard about parking heaters can anybody explain the pros and cons,im hoping to use this van as a day van are they a good buy?
cheers danb

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Danb, I have been doing some reading around this & it looks like the T5 130 (not sure if they all have) auxillery heating which can be modified to work without the engine running.

Modern , direct-injection diesel engines are so efficient they often no longer generate enough heat to warm the vehicles interior. As a result, nearly all diesel vehicles are factory–fitted with an “auxiliary heater” as standard in order to ensure a cosy temperature inside the vehicle.

Comfort in a car does not have to be expensive.

All modern diesel vehicles such as the Volkswagen T5 Transporter/Caravelle that are fitted with a fuel-powered auxiliary heater, can have the heater upgraded to operate as an engine pre-heater— at a very reasonable cost.

web link

https://www.carmediauk.com/store/114-Volkswagen-T5-Auxiliary-Heater-Parking-upgrade-kit.html

I swear the price has more than doubled since I looked a few days ago:(

Let us know what you find out!

B

·
0 Posts
prob i can see with this system is that it has to heat up the whole cooling system
so very inefficient compared to blown air heating

1 - 3 of 3 Posts