VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new van should be here soon (i hope!)

When i ordered the van i did not tick the option for rear parking sensors as never felt the need for them never having them before. But after running about in a van with them for near on 6 months i think i am going to miss them!!

Will VW retro fit them and if so any idea on costs?

Also can i buy the kit and fit them myself, how hard can it be I:

Really want OEM quality and willing to pay for it seeing as i am going to have the van for a few years. Been in a car with a cheap set before and they are rubbish!

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have just had a set fitted by a friend of mine, they look even better than standard. He has purchased a new tool for drilling the bumpers so they look like factory fit ones..... i dont have pics at the moment as the van has gone in for more work doing, but all you can see is little tiny rings.....

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I purchased a set from these people last year and I am very happy with them, already came colour coded (silver, but lots of other colours to choose from) and went for the micro versions (only three colours available for them) all for £60 (or £70 for the micros) and they do extra long wires from the brains to the display for vans (I have a LWB)

http://www.parkingsensors.co.uk/index.asp

I should add that I fitted them myself and took about 5 hours all in, which included taking off the rear bumper but not the rear headlining or side panels as they were already off. My van used to have VW OEM sensors fitted but some previous "bright spark" decided to not replace them when they fitted a new bumper and just cut them off.

So I was able to follow the original wiring route back into the van with my new wiring, hardest thing was trying to drum up the courage to drill the holes after measuring and marking up the locations for the umpteenth time !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts