VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have genuine vw parking sensors on the ass of my van but they dont work! when i select reverse i get a continuous tone for about 5 seconds and then nothing:* . i do have a towhitch but was under the impression that a towhitch shouldnt affect this! any ideas please?? thanks mark..

·
Registered
654 Posts
One of the sensors is a duffer.

Stick it in reverse with the ignition on and stick your ear to the sensors, good ones make a bat like clicking noise duffers do nowt..T:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the same problem!

just read up on it in the manual, and apparently if you have a towhitch enabled, it disables the parking sensors!

I guess that the towhitch sticks out further that the bumper, therefor rendering the parking sensors useless?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have the same problem!

just read up on it in the manual, and apparently if you have a towhitch enabled, it disables the parking sensors!

I guess that the towhitch sticks out further that the bumper, therefor rendering the parking sensors useless?

Nope, If you plug into the towing socket it disables the parking sensors. (via a microswitch I guess?) Nothing to do with having a towbar.

Longbeap = shagged sensor! T:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well I had a listen to all my sensors today and I can here them all clicking but I'm still getting the warning tone. When I engage reverse gear for a moment I get the normal tone but then the failure tone comes in. ????? :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts