VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys ,
By the look's of things many of us will be taking the T4 off the road for a couple of months .

Any advise on how to stop the brakes sticking on ? And anything else worth doing ? .

I guess starting it's no problem but it will not be driven around .

Take care
Andy

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
While advice says i can still go out on my bike or for a run im assuming I can take the kids in the van with a snack and s flask to look at the view somewhere (im in Cornwall 5 mins from coast) we are not in close contact with anyone else while doing this
yesterday at gwithian (y) take care folks

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Caravan and motorhome club has closed from today and i assume they will all follow shortly so trips to the beach may well be the only option soon ....looks good Stu (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
To answer the original question, park with handbrake off if you can, chock the wheels to stop rolling if needed. Move the van periodically and or over inflate the tyres to stop getting a flat spot.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I haven't used our van in 8 weeks, so we always put chocks under the rear wheels to stop it rolling, handbrake off, in-gear. I normally put a batter charger on once every 2 weeks and take it out to check tyre pressures once a month and for a proper drive to get everything up to temp.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Cracking view Stu, I'll be doing this over the coming months, head out to remote areas of the country to walk / ride. Unless anything changes I feel as long as we're all sensible, we can carry on as we were so some level. There's just no way I could self isolate for days / weeks etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If everyone has this attitude then a compulsory lockdown will be coming sooner rather than later. The people who live in remote areas don't need potentially infected people bringing the virus along with them.
Please follow the advice and stay at home.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Hillhead, are we not currently at "social distancing" not lockdown, if I'm still going to work in an office with other people then surely going somewhere else whilst not interacting with anyone (assuming I even see anyone) is ok. Just to be clear, I'm not one of the masses who assembled on a beach. I'm not playing down the severity of the virus, I just think people need to calm down and stop panicking. On that note, anyone know where I can get some loo roll, they're rarer than hen's teeth at the minute? 🤯

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
It's just nuts, people need to relax as panic buying causing more hassle and stress for everyone. It's the snowball effect.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Agreed total nuts, even at my local supermarket the dog food is wiped out, wtf i couldnt even get my dog her favorite food lol.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I was eyeing up the cat food stock in the petrol station last night, there was plenty, if things continue I may be sharing a pouch 😂

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
I can sell you a (like rocking horse poo)loo roll Pete , i have 300 in the back of my van ...just in case ;)

On 2nd thoughts i do have 2 prawn curries in aswell so i might need them all myself :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
  • I found 3 bottles of wine is the new limit at morrisons today :rolleyes: how are you supposed to do the neighbourly thing and get other people's stuff for them ?

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I can sell you a (like rocking horse poo)loo roll Pete , i have 300 in the back of my van ...just in case ;)

On 2nd thoughts i do have 2 prawn curries in aswell so i might need them all myself :rolleyes:
It's ok mate, I'll invest in some adult nappies :oops:🤣
Im drinking black coffee and wondering why people would stockpile fresh milk ?
That is another problem, people stock piling fresh produce that will likely be thrown out as it goes off.
  • I found 3 bottles of wine is the new limit at morrisons today :rolleyes: how are you supposed to do the neighbourly thing and get other people's stuff for them ?
Unfortunately for every kind good soul that will help out a family member and neighbour, there will be ones who use that to their own selfish gains.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
I know that we'll drink more than 3 bottles of wine a week on our own so that means more trips to the supermarket which we are meant to be cutting down on . :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts