VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Morning all,
Well this morning i treated the bus to a wash then a nice coat of polish, pity i aint gonna use it for a while.:cry::cry::cry:.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
It's catch 22
I know that we'll drink more than 3 bottles of wine a week on our own so that means more trips to the supermarket which we are meant to be cutting down on . :rolleyes:
It's catch 22, they're limiting how much we can buy so that people don't bulk buy but trying to reduce visits to shops, the whole thing is a mess!
Morning all,
Well this morning i treated the bus to a wash then a nice coat of polish, pity i aint gonna use it for a while.:cry::cry::cry:.
Morning, I'm currently still going to work, if the full lockdown comes into place I'll hopefully be able to work from home, failing that I'll build my sofa bed for the van, then maybe camp in it on the drive ☹

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
I've actually had time to look at a couple of little bits on the van today , and thought about jet washing the the arches out but the weathers been so nice i got side tracked and faffed with stuff in the garden instead. :D.
Work as usual tomorrow for us .

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,038 Posts
Haha....
So, Sunday I had to do a 5 hour drive, plus 2 ferries, to go to the only hospital in Norway that can do a "procedure" up my a$$ to remove some cancer.
On the way, got caught in a 80kph zone doing 98....Police seem to have no worries about "meeting" people here!
That's a 450 quid fine!
Anyway, ferries are "closed quarters"...so they take registration plate, but you have to stay in the vehicle.
Bill will come later on email....
Get to the hospital hotel, spend the night there, go to the hospital for 7:30, after having to squirt some "flushing fluid" up my bum at 6am!!!
4 hours meeting with various doctors, and they decide they CAN'T do the bum-hole (key-hole) surgery where the cancer is...so send me home!
7 hours later...I'm home...now just have to wait for another hospital to call me in to do a week long stay for slicing me up.
"Home rest/quarantine"...I wish...LOL

As BitterandTwisted said.....Work for me as usual tomorrow! (House-husband...hehe)

·
Registered
508 Posts
When to 7 different shops/supermarkets at the wkend found milk in 1 bread in another some meat in another and no toilet rolls in any also I am a builder so can carry on working , no consistency what so ever also you can only go for 1 walk a day on Saturday we went for one walk it lasted 8hrs but only saw 5 people
"It's only the madness that matters"

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Haha....
So, Sunday I had to do a 5 hour drive, plus 2 ferries, to go to the only hospital in Norway that can do a "procedure" up my a$$ to remove some cancer.
On the way, got caught in a 80kph zone doing 98....Police seem to have no worries about "meeting" people here!
That's a 450 quid fine!
Anyway, ferries are "closed quarters"...so they take registration plate, but you have to stay in the vehicle.
Bill will come later on email....
Get to the hospital hotel, spend the night there, go to the hospital for 7:30, after having to squirt some "flushing fluid" up my bum at 6am!!!
4 hours meeting with various doctors, and they decide they CAN'T do the bum-hole (key-hole) surgery where the cancer is...so send me home!
7 hours later...I'm home...now just have to wait for another hospital to call me in to do a week long stay for slicing me up.
"Home rest/quarantine"...I wish...LOL

As BitterandTwisted said.....Work for me as usual tomorrow! (House-husband...hehe)
They say there's always someone having a worse day than you !
Hope things pick up for you gaz
Good luck bud (y)

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Well im grounded now for 7 days doctor's orders. High Temp, feever, breathless and Mike Tyson has kicked the shat out of me!

Stay safe guys, it's not fun.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
I know theyve cancelled alot of cancer treatment here at the mo Gaz so lets hope Norway is in a better state at this time and you still get your op. 🤞

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's going to be a long haul guys isn't it?
Over here in France we are in full lockdown. Have to carry a paper for each excursion which can only be for essential shopping, doctors visit or work. Signed, dated and with the time you left home. Walk from home up to 1km and for a maximum of 1 hour.
Fortunately the shops are very well stocked, no limit on wine thank goodness!! Lidl only had 20 people in at 8.30 yesterday. Our other supermarket is doing 'click and collect' which is very handy.
All beaches off limits, which as a surfer is heartbreaking.
And finally, our new aquisition, a lovely 2002 Multivan is in lockdown in the garage.
Stay safe everone.

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,038 Posts
Really strange what they put "off limits"!
How many people do you come into "contact" with whilst surfing?!?!?!
I'd have thought "contact" whilst surfing is the last thing you want. o_O
Just for amusement, I was driving up to a hospital Sunday (UP) with 8 feet of snow oneside, and 6 the other on the road...with a Beach Boys CD playing!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
What I find frustrating amongst everything is, the uk roads are virtually empty compared to "normal" times, and yet people still manage to crash into each other 🤦‍♂️

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Been on lockdown for 3 weeks now... and guess who forgot to disconnect the battery?
Another €100 down the drain :confused:

Will chock the back wheels and let the handbrake off, goo idea.

Hope all those with health problems get better soon. Stay home, stay safe. We ain't out of the woods yet!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts