VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked through ETKA but I can't find it...
I need to order the rubber grommet that the handbrake cable (#9 in the .pdf) runs through under the chassis just before it connects to the splitter (#10 in the .pdf) for each side.

http://www.martinandsonja.f2s.com/T4/T4 handbrake.pdf

Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
I've looked through ETKA but I can't find it...
I need to order the rubber grommet that the handbrake cable (#9 in the .pdf) runs through under the chassis just before it connects to the splitter (#10 in the .pdf) for each side.

http://www.martinandsonja.f2s.com/T4/T4 handbrake.pdf

Thanks
Just bought one of these for my T4!!

The part number is 701711476 and price was £14.16 p

It comes complete with item 9 - the mid section cable and is not available seperately....

hth

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chaps - I'll get onto TPS and get it ordered

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thanks chaps - I'll get onto TPS and get it ordered
What model of van is yours MDR???

Because Ive just tried fitting the above cable to my van and it is 6 inches too long and the connector lug to the handbrake is different.

My van is a 1.9Td 1998 model.

and it is going to soon be a 1.9Td RIP 2009 model if I dont get this new cable sorted!!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What model of van is yours MDR???
Ah. Mine's a SWB 2003 model year T4 Caravelle Limo with ABS so the brakes are a bit spooky. Maybe I'll just give TPS the registration & chassis number & let them sort it out, that way if they screw it up I'm not billed.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ah. Mine's a SWB 2003 model year T4 Caravelle Limo with ABS so the brakes are a bit spooky. Maybe I'll just give TPS the registration & chassis number & let them sort it out, that way if they screw it up I'm not billed.
Thats what I have just done. I think the above number is correct for your van, but certain T4s (mine included) use the part number 701711476A and this is what the VW dealers has just informed me.

Will update if its the right one this time after I collect it later today!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Good man. My cable is fine it's only the 10 pence sized round rubber grommet thingy that the cable passes through (after the 45 deg turn) that I need.
I'm surprised I can't buy just this bit. Also I'm not sure about the rod thing that it apparantley sits in, mine fits in a u shaped bracket that is part of the underside of the chassis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts