VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get the seat belt for the offisde c pillar to go with an ex-AA style bench seat.

If there's anyone out there with an ex-AA around 2001 who could have a look and put the part number up that would be awsome!

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive just fitted one this afternoon but it was from the scrap yard and it was out of a peugeot boxer front seat and it works great.Saw a caravelle one on ebay last week dont know whether its still there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi, that sounds hopefull!

so did it mount straight into the c pillar, fits the opening, bolt hole in right place?

and is the plug end the same as the standard vw i.e. i don't have to change the receptor in the bench seat?

cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
It fitted straight in the hole and the ends clip into the recievers in my caravelle seats. One slight difference is the nut on the inertia reel isn't welded to the unit so its a little bit fiddly to fit but ive got thin fingers.The top anchor on the boxer is a sliding rail so I used the spacers from a saxo.Luckily our local scrap yard is huge and you can walk round helping yourself to what ever you want and pay at the end.Dont suppose you can recomend a good friendly campsite in abersoch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats great info, thanks, I'm going to give one a go, but i don't quite get what you need lil fingers for? my c pillar has a thread built into so i though it would just bolt through the real bracket to that... do you not have a captive thead at the base of the recess?

Even though its just up the road, we go here when we want to take the kids camping, long way from any pub but awesome views, and walk down to the beach, the highest bit behind / above reception has lots of space and flat ground:

http://www.nantybig.co.uk/tariffs.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
I see, im fitting to a panel van just re read your post , yours will already be prepared for seat belts.I paid a tenner each for mine.Thanks for the link we normally stop at the small caravan club site past the playground but that only takes caravans so needed to find somewhere else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts