1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta tell everyone, coz well excited!!

48 years old and just passed my cbt

always wanted a bike and couldnt put it off any longer lol

hubbie doing his mod 2, he couldnt have all the fun!!

Dawn

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
well done, just take it easy, its all in the ride there, thats what i was told, not sure what it ment, cos as soon as i was out the gate, bat outof hell started playing in my head, and i gave that baby a fist full ,,,T:T: 10 mins later my 125 had just touched 90mph and the bloody instuctor passed me like i was stood still LOL:
enjoy yourself and are you going for the full test next?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers guys

absolutely going to do my full test!

i got off grinning ear to ear and wanted to go back out lol!

what a buzz

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
That's excellent, well done youT: Good luck with the full test.T: There's nothing like riding a bike:ILU:..don't forget to close your visor whilst grinning from ear to ear:D

·
Registered
192 Posts
congrats A: i bought the wife a 125 in september, she still keeps coming up with p poor excuses not to give it a go :*.
i guess she'll be on the back o my fireblade in Ireland in August, oh well she keeps the rear pinned to the floor LOL:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big up for your CBT T: and good luck with the full test T: T:

Nice to see someone else likes Triumphs

Here's mine...
fabuloso!!

that is the america isnt it? what year is is as they say the pre 2011 model the pegs were further forward
and as my old fella only has a 29" inside leg, the 2011 suits him, just wondering if there was much difference?

cheers

dawn

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice one buddy, are you doing the full DAS course or the restricted?? If you can, do the full version becasue restricting a big bike is a PITA and they never run right T:T:
thanks, yes doing the DAS best way really

well done!! bit of advise i used to give my trainies when i was instructing buy the best gear that you can afford and enjoy two wheels!!
cheers, i will do thanks, you feel totally naked on a bike without taking your clothes off ay? defo going shopping at the weekend

hey, as another oldie, we get good cheap insurance.
congrats, you won't regret it.
the only advantage to getting old ay!!

Classic Bike show at Donington Park Monday 2nd if anyone interested

·
Registered
867 Posts
nice one, i did mine (easier test) back in 1980 :ILU:

well done!! bit of advise i used to give my trainies when i was instructing buy the best gear that you can afford and enjoy two wheels!!
top advice and the kit has saved me a few times T:

·
Registered
149 Posts
fabuloso!!

that is the america isnt it? what year is is as they say the pre 2011 model the pegs were further forward
and as my old fella only has a 29" inside leg, the 2011 suits him, just wondering if there was much difference?

cheers

dawn
Nope, 08 Speedmaster. Got 5 spokes + twin discs and straight bars as standard. I've got fly screen, belly pan and straight through pipes.

Ditto ref riding gear.. better off getting a lesser bike to get better gear. bike can be replaced, you can't!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
very similar, only seen the speedmaster in black, looks well fab in two tone

defo no compromise on gear T:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts