VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I open the passenger door after unlocking the van (T5 1.9) with the key fob, it doesn't acknowledge that the van has been opened and will lock the doors after a set period - is this correct? If so, then is it just a simple case of a Vagcom/VCDS ECU tweak required?

I always fear that the van will lock with the keys inside. Every other door doesn't have this effect, just the passenger one.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
It sounds like the micro switch in the passenger door lock mechanism is faulty & not "seeing" that the door has been opened, which should cancel the auto-lock function. The van thinks someone has unlocked it then walked off so after the set delay period it locks the doors again.
You might be lucky & get away with cleaning the mico-switch & lubing it with something like WD40 or you may need to replace the micro-switch and/or lock mechanism.
I'm sure if you search this forum you'll find a supplier for a suitable micro-switch, maybe Maplins. Failing that you may have to replace the whole mechanism, but try the cleaning/lubing option first.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Cheers mate. I'll try the wd40. The interior light recognises the door is open. Very odd..
I don't know for certain, but you may well find that the "single" micro-switch body actually houses 2 or more sets of contacts. Each set of contacts is used for a different purpose, much the same as the brake pedal switch, which is actually two switches in one body. One side is for the brake lights & the other side is used for things such as the cruise control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts