VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Passenger window has gave up. Checked switches and motor all ok. Took Motor out and it runs in both directions with direct power from a spare battery.
The window will operate to close but won’t open. I think it’s the module, tried drying out etc as per other threads on here but no joy.
Can anyone advise where I might source a replacement. Been in touch with a few breakers on eBay (none in stock) and tried TPS who stated the part is obsolete. Haven’t tried VW yet😬.
Does anyone know where I might source a 7H2 959 801 A lhd module.🤞

·
Special Rapporteur
10,342 Posts
tried TPS who stated the part is obsolete. Haven’t tried VW yet😬.
TPS is part of VW. If they can't get it then a dealer won't be able to. But I'm surprised that they did not suggest a newer part. It's unusual for VW to simply stop making a common part like that, or one that is compatible with it.

One other thing: it's not unusual for the driver's side module to develop a fault which stops the passenger side one from working, as the controller on the driver's side controls both sides.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TPS is part of VW. If they can't get it then a dealer won't be able to. But I'm surprised that they did not suggest a newer part. It's unusual for VW to simply stop making a common part like that, or one that is compatible with it.

One other thing: it's not unusual for the driver's side module to develop a fault which stops the passenger side one from working, as the controller on the driver's side controls both sides.
Ah ok I’ll look for drivers side as well 😢.
Can the modules be repaired by places like BBA Reman?
If no joy I’ll stick a manual winder on.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah ok I’ll look for drivers side as well 😢.
Can the modules be repaired by places like BBA Reman?
If no joy I’ll stick a manual winder on.
🤣🤣 B&T, it’s just an off the cuff comment re the manual winder. It’s the passenger side (generally the wife’s window) the drivers is ok. As the winter months are closing in I shouldn’t need it for a while. Hopefully by the time window open months come round I’ll have it sorted.
Did find some but they’re in Finland and only €45 but the breakers wont post outside of EU. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Aaahh ..if its only the wifes window :LOL:.
I think you'll have to test and prove everything in a methodical fashion to diagnose this properly.
I used to work in the trade and having access to lots of used and known good parts to simply swap out was a godsend.
Good luck with this one mate .

·
Registered
123 Posts
Have you searched by the part number? Depending on the year of manufacture some T5 motors and modules are the same as some Polos, Skoda Fabias and Seat Ibizas.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you searched by the part number? Depending on the year of manufacture some T5 motors and modules are the same as some Polos, Skoda Fabias and Seat Ibizas.
Hi yes searched eBay, Google and contacted breakers and put request on breakers search engine etc which how I found them in Finland🤦‍♂️.
Other vehicles have a similar part number but when reading threads on here there are lots of comments in needing the exact part number.
I hate vehicle electrics as there are so many possibilities of what’s actually failing.
When I bought the van 2 years ago the module was in the glove box as the previous owner had determined it had failed. On the off chance I put it back in the week after I bought it. I’d read on here about them drying out. It had worked without any issue until last week.
Contemplating taking it back out and leaving it a few weeks in the house and seeing if lightning will strike twice🤞Nothing to loose while I keep searching.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

Passenger window has gave up. Checked switches and motor all ok. Took Motor out and it runs in both directions with direct power from a spare battery.
The window will operate to close but won’t open. I think it’s the module, tried drying out etc as per other threads on here but no joy.
Can anyone advise where I might source a replacement. Been in touch with a few breakers on eBay (none in stock) and tried TPS who stated the part is obsolete. Haven’t tried VW yet😬.
Does anyone know where I might source a 7H2 959 801 A lhd module.🤞
I have had the same issue tried all the breakers vw direct no joy. Spent last 3 months trying to get a hold of one. I'm at the same point manual winder seems the only option.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have had the same issue tried all the breakers vw direct no joy. Spent last 3 months trying to get a hold of one. I'm at the same point manual winder seems the only option.
Hi, Don’t know what’s worse, the realisation that there isn’t any or the fact I’ve got serious competition should one become available 😬😬.

You’d think any VW T5 window motor would work once coded to the van🤷‍♂️
I thought about the upgrade kits from travel n light for converting from manual to electric. Wonder if these could be used in place off the obsolete ones. Don’t know what’s involved but if it’s a coding thing maybe someone on here with more electrical savvy could advise if they would work as workaround?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Don’t know what’s worse, the realisation that there isn’t any or the fact I’ve got serious competition should one become available 😬😬.

You’d think any VW T5 window motor would work once coded to the van🤷‍♂️
I thought about the upgrade kits from travel n light for converting from manual to electric. Wonder if these could be used in place off the obsolete ones. Don’t know what’s involved but if it’s a coding thing maybe someone on here with more electrical savvy could advise if they would work as workaround?
I did ask a few people about changing to the manual to electric conversion but meant to be a big job. Similar to you I found alot of the motors in Finland but none will send to UK.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did ask a few people about changing to the manual to electric conversion but meant to be a big job. Similar to you I found alot of the motors in Finland but none will send to UK.
I keep meaning to phone BBA Reman to see if they can repair the module. If I find an alternative solution to replacing with used parts I’ll keep you posted.
Good luck on your search 👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts