VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi does any know where i can get a passenger grab handle from for my t5, as my poor wife is suffering getting into the van after she had to have a spinal opp.....

justin...........

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers .this reinforcing plate does this need to be welded on as mine has got this plastic trim running up the pillar or is there bolt holes behind this already? and is this any vw dealer or one that just specializes in vans?

Justin....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't know if you got anywhere with this but I am looking for a grab handle to fit on the B pillar to assist entry via the sliding door. I know some Caravelles have them but haven't as yet tried removing the plastic trim or found a photo to see if the T5 panel van has bolt sockets already installed. Maybe someone here knows or can advise how to remove the trim.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: Passenger Grab Handle LHS

cheers .this reinforcing plate does this need to be welded on as mine has got this plastic trim running up the pillar or is there bolt holes behind this already? and is this any vw dealer or one that just specializes in vans?

Justin....
Reinforcing plate just bolts on with three bolts to existing nutserts in A pillar. You will need to make some cut outs in the A pillar trim. The patterns for the cut outs are moulded on the inside of the trim piece. I used a Dremel and some small files.

I added a grab rail to the driver's side to stop myself using the steering wheel...I:

If you're in Tamworth Australia I could send you a spare plate but I reckon there might be a Tamworth in the UK?

Prices I was quoted by John from VW Van Centre.

1x 7H0858638 Y20 grip, LHS art grey £15.42 + VAT
1x 7H0857627 Y20 grip, LHS art grey £2.47 + VAT
1x 7H0858149 reinforcing plate LHS £4.42 + VAT
3x N 90440702 bolt (plate to A pillar) £0.20 + VAT Each
2x N 10347401 bolt (grip to plate) £0.29 +VAT Each

Cheers, MM

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

I added a grab rail to the driver's side to stop myself using the steering wheel...I:[/QUOTE said:
Any chance of a piccy please, sounds like a very useful mod, just wondering what it looks like in the flesh?

·
Registered
42 Posts

Any chance of a piccy please, sounds like a very useful mod, just wondering what it looks like in the flesh?
I've got my A pillar trims off at the moment as I'm preparing some speaker pods. :)

I've attached the ETKA drawing. I actually found details of this "mod' on a Spanish campervan forum T:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
MM,

Thanks for the diagram and the pic, mucho appreciated, just one more question to clarify something please:

Your parts list is for the passenger side or the drivers side (and if I remember correctly your still driving in the left in Oz) ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: Passenger Grab Handle

MM,

Thanks for the diagram and the pic, mucho appreciated, just one more question to clarify something please:

Your parts list is for the passenger side or the drivers side (and if I remember correctly your still driving in the left in Oz) ?
Parts list is for the passenger side - left hand side.

I wanted the drivers side - right hand side. I stuffed up as I was reading a Spanish post and forgot they drive on the other side. That's why I have a spare bracket. I:

My Kombi Beach already had the LHS grab handle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts