VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have fitted a new Kiravan swivel to my passenger seat (single captain seat) and it lets the seat rattle with no one sat in it, and when anyone sits in it they all complain as its like a rocking chair and it makes them feel sick!:(:(

I checked all the fixings are tight and can see that there is movement in the swivel causing the issues, are they all as bad as this and is the only option to buy a better one? All the good conversions at busfest had the sports craft swivels fitted, are these rattle free?????

I have owned 3 American vehicles over the years that had swivel seats that caused no issues, I think I will be removing mine on the weekend as Mrs Won't travel in the front seat as it is!!::(:(:(

Is there any way to modify them, I.e fit some plastic spacers in the corners, tried contacting suppliers-no reply, glad I didn't buy 2 now!!!

Cheers Jon

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,759 Posts
I assume it's a Rib swivel, sold by Kiravans? I have Rib offset swivels on both front seats & neither rattles, there is a small amount of rock when they're swivelled but locked in the travelling position the nylon wedges engage & you can't feel them move, I think all aftermarket swivels will be the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts