VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally managed to fix my central locking on the passenger side, new actuator and job is a goodun!

The problem I have now got is that unlike the drivers side the passenger side doorcard is determined not to go back on!

The actual card fits onto the door easily enough but the top just won't clip back far enough back into the window seal. It seems that because of the window winder you can't lift the card high enough to get it seated correctly. I can't understand as the drivers side went back fine. I have checked there are no other obstructions.

Has anyone got any tips for getting this sorted, I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Glad to see you got the cl fixed,after i said mine was all working the passenger side has stopped opening with the door deadlocked!,i had to saw the fuel flap retainer in half to refuel still not got it to open yet!,as for the door card it will go just keep the door winder at the very edge of the hole and push hard to clip the top lip of the card over the edge,it's a pig but it will go.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks again for the advice, it has been driving me mental.

I might be able to help you in return, my passenger side was deadlocked but a friend of mine had the same issue and this worked for mine as well.

1. Get in the van, sit in the passenger seat and hold the door lever open, like you are about to get out of the van.
2. While holing the lever open use your key fob and press unlock
3. Let the handle go and then use the fob to press unlock again.

If there is any power to the unit this will take the deadlock off so that when you use the key fob for the second time it will unlock the door.

It sounds daft but worked for mine and saved me an expensive visit from an auto locksmith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts