VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well what a fun few weeks, finally got round to putting my new wheels on (15 inch vw 5 spoke caravelle alloys) then to get my first puncture in 12 years. Done the top ball joints which surprisingly came out quite easy but then came the bottom ones. The jack slipped whilst I was raising the front hub causing the hub to shoot forwards pulling the driveshaft flange from the gearbox then getting a very oily driveway. trip onto shrewsbury gsf to get some more gearbox oil which I ordered online to save any hastle to get there and they say they don't have it. managed to get some then back home (22 mile round trip) to realise I don't have the correct tool to undo the filler plug on the gearbox (no idea where that had gone) so back into shrewsbury to get the the tool. now all lovely and no more strange sounds from suspension .

next on list is to find out where my oil leak is coming from and to look into why im burining oil . the fun of owning a t4 but I still wouldn't change it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The fun of owning any ageing vehicle! I've found that simple 1/2 hour jobs end up into day long dramas when something breaks unexpectedly and you can't get hold of new parts cos either shops are shut by then or it has to be ordered. :( But the satisfaction of getting a job done yourself (no matter how long it took) is worth it. Well done on getting it finished. PS - I'd love to only have a 22 mile round trip to a gsf!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts