VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I've just had to open a dispute with paypal.
Seems like someone has paid for something using my details. Dunno where they got them from, but I have opened a dispute & changed password/login details.
Just wondering if any of you have had this done to you.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had an e-mail from PayPal saying that skype had taken £44 and if I want to cancel this then click this link!!
It looked authentic but after going on PayPals web site and reading about phishing and scams I sent the e-mail to PayPal and deleted it off my PC. I can see how people can get caught out.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
I had email saying PayPal was hacked and to click this link to enter login and change pass but I contacted PayPal and it was not from
Them so I changed email on paypal and pass that way Just to make sure

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I seem to have 3 email addresses and luckily different thing get sent to certain emails, My ebay email is different to my paypal.

This helps me as many a time i can have a genuine looking email from someone but sent to the wrong email account.
Constantly getting palpal emails sent to my ebay one so maybe its an error on ebays side? maybe leaking info somewhere.

this would also make it harder for someone to but something as my login for ebay and paypal hav 2 different emails and 2 different passwords. all with numbers and high and low case letters something like pAti0slAb

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
i get these all the time , easiest way to spot if its a fake is it will be addressed to "dear customer" or something similar , any correspondence from paypal or ebay will be addressed to yourself . also if theres a link on the email hover over it with your cursor , in the bottom left hand corner of your screen you should be a little white text box saying where the link will take you , if its not a paypal or ebay web address don't use that link and log directly into your account via the paypal website .

merry christmas , *<:)>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts