VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 371 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, this past weekend I bought myself a 2013 T5.1 Transporter van T: It's the first one I've owned so currently learning fast about them and what's possible regarding modifications, it appears there is a lot! :eek:

Here's how she looked after I gave her a good bath...

Already got a long list of things I want to do, but slowly working through that.

Already fitted wing deflectors and bought a new gear knob and gaitor as the current one is looking a little tired. Also got new number plates on order and ice white interior lights to make a little start on making her mine.

Literally just ordered H&R lowering springs from Chilli Jam Vans after so many raving reviews about them on here, can only echo their excellent service and help with advising what will work for the van. T:

Looking to replace the front seats and the lovely chequer board flooring :eek:.

The plan is to kit the back out to house a mtb and my kit which I'll design at work, may also include a single bed with storage underneath. The possibilities are endless!

Any questions / advice is very welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Pete ?

Mods so far:

Exterior

Gloss black wing mirrors.
Wind deflectors.
Gloss black vinyl detail to front bumper.
Lime green detailing to front grilles.
Lime green & silver Sportline decals to mirror covers.
Gloss black abs front splitter.
Red rim detail removed.
Gloss black rear bumper protector.
Gloss black side decals.
R side decals.
Gloss black rear door handle trim.
Bonnet gas strut.
Gloss black DRL's.
Gloss black honeycombe grill.
Lime green mirror bases.

Interior
Upgraded interior lighting to cool white leds.
Better looking gearknob & gaiter.
"T5" & "Sportline" printed dash button blanks.
Diamond black steering wheel trims.
Diamond black door handles.
Dark oak vinyl flooring.
Carpet wrapped divider panel.
Silver and chrome gearknob insert.
New side entrance step panel.
2nd set of front door seals.
VW gloss black door lock pins.
Golf Mk7 R multifunction steering wheel.
Needle sweep enabled.
Auto headlight switch installed.
Windscreen / dash trim.
Full width rear threshold trim.
Side window curtains.
Rear storage.
Pull out sofa bed.
Golf Mk7 R front seats.
Chrome interior door handles.

Performance & Handling
Lowered on 50mm H&R springs.
revo 170bhp remap :cool:
Forge boost hose kit.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking wagon T: And I'm a T4 man!!
Let the fun begin, never a dull moment owning a dub A:
Thanks T: Yeah not even owned her a week and the excitement levels are spiking! This site is dangerous though, mainly for my bank account LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as in see my signature..:eek:
Exactamundo T:

Just 1 question, have managed to stop grinning yet? V smart truck.:)
Thanks! No, in fact it gets bigger each time I driver her, can't wait to get modifying. It's one thing I noticed before I bought, everyone I saw out driving a transporter always looked so happy :D

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
Howdo Pete W:

I do love a project....so whats next on your list ?
We've had ours 4 years now and the list is still never ending ...love it to bits though J:

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Howdo Pete W:

I do love a project....so whats next on your list ?
We've had ours 4 years now and the list is still never ending ...love it to bits though J:
T:

She's booked in this Friday to have some new lower springs fitted, can't wait!

This weekend I'm planning to fix an issue with my dash central vents as they aren't expelling air as well as the side vents. Also new cool white interior and number plate bulbs, along with some nice fresh new number plates.

Not sure what to tick off the list next LOL:

I do like a white van, I get shaky if I haven't bought the van something for a weekT:
Brian
Thanks Brian, yeah I know the feeling, I've owned her now for just over a week and think I've bought something everyday so far! I:

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
This past weekend I did a few little jobs to the van, first was to replace the worn gearknob and gaiter, I know there's lots of options but for now until I decide on a theme I opted for a nicer looking version with some nice chrome details...

Old one...

New one...

It came with a 6 speed insert that I don't need, so if anyone can make use of it let me know and I'll drop it in the post FOC T:

Another little touch was to vinyl out the recessed areas adjacent to the front number plate, I'm a solid believer that the little details are equally as important the bigger ones. Think it breaks up the front nicely.

Oh and had another good wash as it's been a week since the last one LOL:

Thanks for looking.

Pete

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Thanks T: Yeah not even owned her a week and the excitement levels are spiking! This site is dangerous though, mainly for my bank account LOL:
Welcome, i am 10 months into ownership of my first 2010 T5.1 too.

Mate your so right about the bank account. Ive probs gone through 4k already and my list is longer now then when i started. Only consolation is iam like a kid a Christmas every time a parcel arrives for the van :D

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome, i am 10 months into ownership of my first 2010 T5.1 too.

Mate your so right about the bank account. Ive probs gone through 4k already and my list is longer now then when i started. Only consolation is iam like a kid a Christmas every time a parcel arrives for the van :D
Thanks. That's pretty impressive, 10 months in already 4k spent T:

I'm still trying to decide what theme I want to go for, once I've sorted that I can start ordering some more bits :D

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It gets addictive, I have a plan of what i want next, then i see something else online i want then it throws the plan out the window lol
I know that feeling only too well mate, just been through your build tread :eek: my idea of a simple build to house my bike and kit has somewhat evolved now into something bigger LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It’s coming along well mate. Good to follow the progress.
Thanks mate, been working through build threads on here to see what can be done. Got some great ideas. :cool:

Got some working planned for this weekend so will post some updates then.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Dusted off photoshop and thought I knock up a nice Koolart version of my new project...:cool:

Will update it as I update my actual T5 :D

Also thought I'd help support the forum and become a paying member, lord know's I'll be relying on other members for help and advice.T:

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Dusted off photoshop and thought I knock up a nice Koolart version of my new project...:cool:

Will update it as I update my actual T5 :D

Also thought I'd help support the forum and become a paying member, lord know's I'll be relying on other members for help and advice.T:
Nice imageA:

you also reminded me that I intended to pay for membership. Now done too T:

1 - 20 of 371 Posts