VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 282 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Thanks, yeah my first full sus and she does me well. Am tempted to upgrade to a newer version that only has the single front cassette, no other reason, making it a £2.5k upgrade ?

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
'Sunny hunny' i know it well ?
Used to have a static caravan there when we were kids .
Nice flat ride along the front to Heacham and back (y)

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Yeah it's my go to beach for a day out, love it there.
Yep a ride to Heacham and the surrounding areas on a bit of an exploration, only clocked up 16 miles but was more smiles rather than miles ?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Dining room table for the tin tent ? Have ordered the leg and fixing kit so will get this in at the weekend.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
If your planning a mtb holiday in Cornwall at any point Pete give us a shout and i will point you in the direction of some great trails and always willing to blast a few of them with you ?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Were you about to get the flush mounting one? - t4Chippy did a group buy a few years back. Means no drilling a hole in the floor
I've already bought the table leg, it's a fold away one so will get packed away with the table when not in use. Comes with a rail that'll be fitted to the cupboards for it to hook over when I'm dining (y)
Liking the colour (y) ?
Thanks mate ?
If your planning a mtb holiday in Cornwall at any point Pete give us a shout and i will point you in the direction of some great trails and always willing to blast a few of them with you ?
Sounds good to me Stuart, always on the look out for new places to explore, cheers (y)

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
In life we have many experiences, some good, some not so good. Some of these cases can be classed as a win for a fail. Yesterday I set about doing some vinyl work on my van, so braving the elements and with the help of my custom one off hand made workshop I set to work. An hour in and the rain hadn't let up, the wind was getting stronger and the temperature was dropping, but I stood firm and carried on ?
Shortly later I started loosing the light so had to abandon my task as I'd got absolutely nowhere! ? Weather 1 Pete 0.
Below is a photo of my custom workshop for anyone looking to build there own...

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
I'm quite happy to let people use my designs Bill, part of what makes this forum so great is that people are willing to share ?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
I would suggest a large brolly to help give you better protection from the elements, as for the design, that's where the fun begins because you can adapt it to what you like, even if that is peppa pig ?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
So like with most things re the conversion, I had always planned on getting a rock and roll bed, I've now had an epiphany of a custom pull out seat creating the bed whilst having storage.
Designer hat on, firing up Solidworks :cool: Watch this space.

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
Watching ? ....
Ours is an H section carcass with a huge drawer that when pulled out supports the bed board (piano hinged ply) . The back half of the carcass is a big locker type cupboard for my trolley jack,tow rope ,jump leads etc so i can get to them if i need to without emptying the whole van .
Makes up into a 6'4 x 4' wide bed .

181 - 200 of 282 Posts