VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Pduk's White T5.1 'R' Evolution Thread

104K views 1K replies 59 participants last post by  Pduk 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, this past weekend I bought myself a 2013 T5.1 Transporter van T: It's the first one I've owned so currently learning fast about them and what's possible regarding modifications, it appears there is a lot! :eek:

Here's how she looked after I gave her a good bath...

Already got a long list of things I want to do, but slowly working through that.

Already fitted wing deflectors and bought a new gear knob and gaitor as the current one is looking a little tired. Also got new number plates on order and ice white interior lights to make a little start on making her mine.

Literally just ordered H&R lowering springs from Chilli Jam Vans after so many raving reviews about them on here, can only echo their excellent service and help with advising what will work for the van. (y)

Looking to replace the front seats and the lovely chequer board flooring :eek:.

The plan is to kit the back out to house a mtb and my kit which I'll design at work, may also include a single bed with storage underneath. The possibilities are endless!

Any questions / advice is very welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Pete :cool:

Mods so far:

Exterior

Gloss black wing mirrors.
Wind deflectors.
Gloss black vinyl detail to front bumper.
Lime green detailing to front grilles.
Lime green & silver Sportline decals to mirror covers.
Gloss black abs front splitter.
Red rim detail removed.
Gloss black rear bumper protector.
Gloss black side decals.
R side decals.
Gloss black rear door handle trim.
Bonnet gas strut.
Gloss black DRL's.
Gloss black honeycombe grill.
Lime green mirror bases.
Barn door windows.
Sliding window in sliding door.
Side skirts.
Front mudflaps.

Interior
Upgraded interior lighting to cool white leds.
Better looking gearknob & gaiter.
"T5" & "Sportline" printed dash button blanks.
Diamond black steering wheel trims.
Diamond black door handles.
Dark oak vinyl flooring.
Carpet wrapped divider panel.
Silver and chrome gearknob insert.
New side entrance step panel.
2nd set of front door seals.
VW gloss black door lock pins.
Golf Mk7 R multifunction steering wheel.
Needle sweep enabled.
Auto headlight switch installed.
Windscreen / dash trim.
Full width rear threshold trim.
Side window curtains.
Rear storage.
Pull out sofa bed.
Golf Mk7 R front seats.
Chrome interior door handles.
Xtrons headunit.
Tartan gear stick gaiter.
Golf Mk7 R rear seats.
Gloss black dash trim.

Performance & Handling
Lowered on 50mm H&R springs.
Revo 170bhp remap :cool:
Forge boost hose kit.

See less See more
#330 ·
Update...
The drivers seat is in, fully bolted in place 😁

The fabric colours are very close to the interior trims which is great, and it's so comfy although not driven the van yet. Will order some end caps for the cross rails to finish them off, will also paint them black t match the seat bases.
Passenger swivel hopefully tomorrow.

#332 ·
Thanks mate (y)
Well yesterday was a head scratcher, trying to mock up the passenger on the swivel plate and crossrails so I could mark my drill points wasn't easy, all parts being loose meant every time I did a test swivel things would move out of position, plus the seat lever fouled on the handbrake and as my drive has a slight incline, I had to manoeuvre the van so it ran side ways on the drive so I could release the handbrake and not roll.
Anyhoo, after a lot of testing and measuring, both seats are in and working. Even managed to get my storage centre console back in which I thought wouldn't fit. Just some finishing to do today and check all bolts are tight. Managed to borrow an angle grinder of my neighbour so will trim the crossrails back and order some caps to finish them off nicely.
Enough waffle and on with the pics..
Vehicle Car Van Car seat Family car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat Car seat cover

Vehicle Car Car seat Van Minivan

Not bad considering I had to work on my tod and have never done this sort of thing before. One is a happy proud camper 😁

#333 ·
Well done mate , it does look as though it could be close to the console so careful thinking obviously paid off here :cool:.
How much time have you spent sat in that seat since you fitted the swivel?
Its my favourite place in to sit in our bus .
Great for when you get back from a long walk ,jump in and sit down in confort to kick your boots off 👍

#335 ·
Well done mate , it does look as though it could be close to the console so careful thinking obviously paid off here :cool:.
How much time have you spent sat in that seat since you fitted the swivel?
Its my favourite place in to sit in our bus .
Great for when you get back from a long walk ,jump in and sit down in confort to kick your boots off 👍
Thanks mate, have always been an over thinker so will try and work it all out before I start, often you still have to adapt along the way but with good prep work it's easy to overcome.
I have sat in it a few times, can't wait to sit in it with the window down and a sea breeze blowing in :cool:
Exactly what I'm thinking after a good bike ride, get back in a comfy seat and chill with a brew (y)
Yeah it really opens up more space. Looking good.
Thanks mate, couldn't have imagined that circa a year after buying the van it'd be like this.

#341 ·
Dead easy to do, just start a new thread in the relevant, for example I started mine in the VW T5 Pictures & Videos, then SWB Garage, or you can choose to post in the Team Colour section. To add the link to your signature, same as with writing a post / replay, copy the link address, write what you want as your signature, highlight a word or the whole thing and click the chain links icon next to the smilie icon, new box opens up and displays the words or wording you highlighted, just paste the link where it says URL and then ok. Job done (y)

#344 ·
Thought I'd post a couple of pics after I cleaner her, founds some black trim stuff I didn't know I had so went round and did all step covers and tyres, makes such a difference.
Figured I'd take the photos while all doors etc were open as it looked cool, took me back to when I were a lad and would buy a new 1/18 scale model car, first thing was to open everything up and have a good luck. 😁
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Van Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volkswagen transporter t5 Transport

#347 ·
This stuff...

On a previous forum I was on, I did some photoshopping work for the Admin / Owner's website, all foc as I just like helping out, anyway his misses was starting up a detailing business so I also did some work for her, he insisted on me picking £50 worth of detailing stuffs, now being a guy that used to use fairy liquid and hot water to wash his car I'm not exactly in the know when it comes to this, so they picked some bits and bobs which was very nice of them. Only just starting to dig through it and came across this.
The new seats look great!
Thanks, I love them! Was a bit of a gamble as I bought them off the bay of e without ever sitting in them, but was over the moon when they were delivered.

#353 ·
Thanks mate (y)
Loving all the updates, its so addictive right ? lol
I feel the addiction gets worse with every purchase :oops: Still got a few little bits to fit before I return to work on Monday.
Looking spot on Pete! Makes me think I should probably get out and clean my sorry-looking white van too :rolleyes:
Thanks mate, do it! I find it quite therapeutic to clean my van, stick Planet Rock on and just zone out 🤘🤙

So after buying my interior, I've just had to fork out for a new fridge freezer (in the house) as it died, the very same day my stereo (in the van) also kicked the electronic bucket ☠ All this brings with it 2 areas of frustration...1) at a time when the majority of us are on reduced wages I'll have spend a good percentage of it just on upgrades and replacements and b) having been off work for a number of months, why 4 days before I'm back in work do things start breaking 🤯

I had always planned on replacing the stereo and the reversing camera for a more subtle one, but hadn't planned on doing it so soon. Has anyone got any recommendations for head units, Alpine Halo would be nice but a bit costly.

#355 ·
It no worky. Just stopped playing music, it was in an area that has dab signal loss so was used to it stuttering, but then it didn't come back, checked and nothing was working, all the buttons were no lit and power button did nothing = dead as a dodo. I need to check the fuse obviously but it is old and rather rubbish, the touchscreen is more of a push screen.

#360 ·
The A-sure unit ive just taken out still works (in a fashion ...touch screen is ****) but it still plays radio,dvd,cd,usb and supports a rear cam , its yours free if you want it as a stop gap ..
Thanks mate, appreciate that (y) I'm going to just buy new when I decide on what to go for, plus it saves you having to go to a post office, better to stay safe as we're slowly coming out of this.
Sounds like we're both having a bit of a mare at the moment with things breaking (I replied in my thread). So frustrating! Always seems to happen at the most annoying of times.
Murphy's law mate, happens to us all.
Alpine is the best. I prefer the X-803D to the Halo, but it is just a matter of taste.
I'll have a look see about that one (y)
And alot of money ! :rolleyes:
I've resigned myself to the fact that nothing is cheap when it comes to the van, she has expensive tastes, but I see it as an investment and helping to turn it into a home from home :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.