VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Pduk's White T5.1 'R' Evolution Thread

104K views 1K replies 59 participants last post by  Pduk 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, this past weekend I bought myself a 2013 T5.1 Transporter van T: It's the first one I've owned so currently learning fast about them and what's possible regarding modifications, it appears there is a lot! :eek:

Here's how she looked after I gave her a good bath...

Already got a long list of things I want to do, but slowly working through that.

Already fitted wing deflectors and bought a new gear knob and gaitor as the current one is looking a little tired. Also got new number plates on order and ice white interior lights to make a little start on making her mine.

Literally just ordered H&R lowering springs from Chilli Jam Vans after so many raving reviews about them on here, can only echo their excellent service and help with advising what will work for the van. (y)

Looking to replace the front seats and the lovely chequer board flooring :eek:.

The plan is to kit the back out to house a mtb and my kit which I'll design at work, may also include a single bed with storage underneath. The possibilities are endless!

Any questions / advice is very welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Pete :cool:

Mods so far:

Exterior

Gloss black wing mirrors.
Wind deflectors.
Gloss black vinyl detail to front bumper.
Lime green detailing to front grilles.
Lime green & silver Sportline decals to mirror covers.
Gloss black abs front splitter.
Red rim detail removed.
Gloss black rear bumper protector.
Gloss black side decals.
R side decals.
Gloss black rear door handle trim.
Bonnet gas strut.
Gloss black DRL's.
Gloss black honeycombe grill.
Lime green mirror bases.
Barn door windows.
Sliding window in sliding door.
Side skirts.
Front mudflaps.

Interior
Upgraded interior lighting to cool white leds.
Better looking gearknob & gaiter.
"T5" & "Sportline" printed dash button blanks.
Diamond black steering wheel trims.
Diamond black door handles.
Dark oak vinyl flooring.
Carpet wrapped divider panel.
Silver and chrome gearknob insert.
New side entrance step panel.
2nd set of front door seals.
VW gloss black door lock pins.
Golf Mk7 R multifunction steering wheel.
Needle sweep enabled.
Auto headlight switch installed.
Windscreen / dash trim.
Full width rear threshold trim.
Side window curtains.
Rear storage.
Pull out sofa bed.
Golf Mk7 R front seats.
Chrome interior door handles.
Xtrons headunit.
Tartan gear stick gaiter.
Golf Mk7 R rear seats.
Gloss black dash trim.

Performance & Handling
Lowered on 50mm H&R springs.
Revo 170bhp remap :cool:
Forge boost hose kit.

See less See more
#397 ·
Ketchup is like the long forgotten friend for me, never go for it but when it's on the table I use it and remember how well it works with chips. Who's going chippy on the way home then? 😁

#401 ·
Yep, all in and working. Drivers window was playing up so took the door card off to see if I could fix it, think it needs a new connector, bit of a pain when you haven’t got a/c!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#403 ·
Blimey I didn't even think of that! Would have to use the sliding window in the rear 😂
Took the connector off and gave them a clean which did nothing, but then randomly worked, currently the window is open as far as the deflector, need to investigate further really.

#404 ·
Update...
After my hu stopped working I opted for a nice new one with bigger screen and lots of additional functions that I could add, the one I was looking at was also recommended by Pac-Man (thanks mate) so placed the order.
Fitted it Saturday and hid all the receivers and mic so nothing on show, neat and tidy. Just waiting on a dab dongle so I get Planet Rock back on 🤘
Here's how the dash looked when I bought the van...

And how it looks now...

Much better!

Also dropped her off today for a service and mot, having the cam belt and water pump done at the same time, fingers crossed all goes well 🤞

#407 ·
This one mate, great price and straight forward to install. Need to order a dab receiver separately. Not had much chance to play around with it as the van is in the garage for mot, service etc
Smart head unit. Like the full screen look.

Very smart gaiter also!
Yeah the full screen is awesome, perfect fit too so looks oe.

Haha thanks, 100% inspired by your head lining 😁

#410 ·
Looks jam packed with features, especially for the price!
I had an andriod unit in my van when I bought it but just couldn't get along with it so swapped it out for a Kenwood DNX525 as it looked more OEM (was an upgrade option on some VW's), it played with my iPod better too. That's getting a little old n slow (like myself!!) now so I'm considering changing it out soon.
I'd be interested to know how good the user interface is and what the sound quality is like - oh an and how good the navigation is! That was one of the major bugs on my old system.
The method for inputting a postcode was like Egyptian hieroglyphics! - though it looks like you can use Waze / google maps etc on yours.

#411 ·
Fingers crossed I'll be getting my van back after work so will commence having a play and report back. Sound quality is good, I've got standard speakers so can't comment how well it works with upgraded once or a sub.
User interface is very good, just like having an ipad in the dash (y)

#412 ·
Nothing to update as such but with the lockdown easing I finally got back to Sherwood Pines with my brother for some biking. He's got the Audi A5 similar to what I had prior to the van so knew his struggles to fit a 29er in with all the kit. Just made me appreciate the van even more! Of course I had to take a couple of photos 😇

Need to finish off the rear storage and possible invest in a sea sucker to fix the bike in place.
Then I got photo bombed by a rather tasty 2 tone T6 (y)

#413 ·
looking good. Looked a decent day to go for a ride. The trails around here (S. Wales) are soaking again! I wish I'd taken advantage of the dusty trails more now.
BPW should be opening soon which is a huge positive.
I used to fit my bike in to a Suzuki Swift a few year ago. Almost an impossible task.

#414 ·
It was a bit hit and miss, mixed sunshine and showers however the trail was actually dry for the most part. Would have loved to have tested my canopy but the wind had other plans.
Although it doesn't look it in the photos, the place was jam packed when we first got there.

#416 ·
When the chap was coding my new steering wheel in, he could program the dash so that when I turn the key to position 2 (before cracking the starter) the needs all do a revolution through the dials, was purely a blingy gimmick, but I had it on my Audi so figured for £10 it was a no brainer.
Finally managed to upload a video (y)

#418 ·
When the chap was coding my new steering wheel in, he could program the dash so that when I turn the key to position 2 (before cracking the starter) the needs all do a revolution through the dials, was purely a blingy gimmick, but I had it on my Audi so figured for £10 it was a no brainer.
Finally managed to upload a video (y)
I did it on mine using Carista, just because I could really :cool: I must admit I do like though... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.