VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

321 - 340 of 381 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Update...
Today's efforts, trial fitting the new seats and work out what size crossrails I need, pretty straight forward actually, will mock up using mdf then get either steel plate or box section made.
IMG_2209.JPG
IMG_2210.JPG

Although, 2" x 2" timber is pretty dark strong and much easier to work with 😁
TUOP6328.JPG

Also been adding coats to my wing mirror trims, may fit them tomorrow of Saturday so they have plenty of time to cure.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
I think 2x2 is the way forward .
Finally got my wet and dry .
Just imagine if I got stopped by the police for any reason, reckon I could get them to believe they’re wood effect steel bars?
Time to get cracking then mate!
My new interior door handles arrived and my mirror covers are about ready so will get some jobs done today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
Update...
Fitted my interior handles, nice little upgrade over the standard black textures one.

Need to find a way of removing the scratches on the door cards.
Also my wing mirror lower trims are being baked by Mother Nature herself, possible install tomorrow.

Not massive update but little touches to make the van less commercial and more personal

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
Thanks mate, will hopefully get round to fitting them today as they should be fully cured by now, got the outer bezel to fit on the drivers side which was damaged before I bought the van.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
Starting to mock up the passenger swivel seat (finally), the instructions aren’t exactly great but I powered on.
Swivel is on the base, just running through my head how to cross rails will work with the swivel and of course the new seats...

I appear to have a problem!

Just hope I’ve got a sharp enough tool. Then on with mocking up in the van tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
Update...
The drivers seat is in, fully bolted in place 😁

The fabric colours are very close to the interior trims which is great, and it's so comfy although not driven the van yet. Will order some end caps for the cross rails to finish them off, will also paint them black t match the seat bases.
Passenger swivel hopefully tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
Thanks mate (y)
Well yesterday was a head scratcher, trying to mock up the passenger on the swivel plate and crossrails so I could mark my drill points wasn't easy, all parts being loose meant every time I did a test swivel things would move out of position, plus the seat lever fouled on the handbrake and as my drive has a slight incline, I had to manoeuvre the van so it ran side ways on the drive so I could release the handbrake and not roll.
Anyhoo, after a lot of testing and measuring, both seats are in and working. Even managed to get my storage centre console back in which I thought wouldn't fit. Just some finishing to do today and check all bolts are tight. Managed to borrow an angle grinder of my neighbour so will trim the crossrails back and order some caps to finish them off nicely.
Enough waffle and on with the pics..
IMG_2252.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG

IMG_2254.JPG

Not bad considering I had to work on my tod and have never done this sort of thing before. One is a happy proud camper 😁

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Well done mate , it does look as though it could be close to the console so careful thinking obviously paid off here :cool:.
How much time have you spent sat in that seat since you fitted the swivel?
Its my favourite place in to sit in our bus .
Great for when you get back from a long walk ,jump in and sit down in confort to kick your boots off 👍

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #335
Well done mate , it does look as though it could be close to the console so careful thinking obviously paid off here :cool:.
How much time have you spent sat in that seat since you fitted the swivel?
Its my favourite place in to sit in our bus .
Great for when you get back from a long walk ,jump in and sit down in confort to kick your boots off 👍
Thanks mate, have always been an over thinker so will try and work it all out before I start, often you still have to adapt along the way but with good prep work it's easy to overcome.
I have sat in it a few times, can't wait to sit in it with the window down and a sea breeze blowing in :cool:
Exactly what I'm thinking after a good bike ride, get back in a comfy seat and chill with a brew (y)
Yeah it really opens up more space. Looking good.
Thanks mate, couldn't have imagined that circa a year after buying the van it'd be like this.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
Thanks Bez, they are very comfy and hug you very well. Just going to give the van a good clean inside and out :cool:

·
Registered
123 Posts
going To wash mine and try and get some pics up today. pduk how do you create a build thread and put in signature is it hard to do?

Bez👍

321 - 340 of 381 Posts