VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

361 - 375 of 375 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Update...
Nothing major, the vinyl on my wing mirror bases was starting to peel so I bought a spare pair and sprayed them up, also a replacement frame for the drivers side as it had been damaged before I bought the van, so yesterday I set about fitting them. What a job, I though 10 minutes max, took a few hours as once again I found some genius had broken the clips and used silicone to hole the drivers top cap on 🤯
Also I felt the Revo decals were a little too boy racer so opted for a nice couple of 'R's to follow the theme from my Golf R interior, looks much better now, tidier...

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
Thanks both, would love to go on an adventure 😔 hopefully not too long before we can get out properly again. In the meantime at least I can continue the conversion and get the bits I'll need for days away and camping (y)

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
It must be a biggee cuz he's keeping us waiting trying to build the tension ;) .
Saw a white one yesterday Pete with lime green poptop,front grille and even green wheels! 😮

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
Looking good bud!
Thanks mate (y)
Whats next on the list Pete?
Looks like another month before we can get out camping ....more time to do more 'stuff' meantime ;)
I went to Stanford Hall yesterday (not literally in the grounds) and went cycling round the countryside, such a lovely day and then chilled in the van, a very small taste of
Looking good mate like that alot 👍
Thanks Dan (y)
come on then whats next, cause i know there is one :)
I wish there was only one thing left 😂
It must be a biggee cuz he's keeping us waiting trying to build the tension ;) .
Saw a white one yesterday Pete with lime green poptop,front grille and even green wheels! 😮
Haha no just been busy enjoying the weekend with biking etc.
Sounds like ZuluGolfZulu's although I think you two are too far apart to see each other currently, there one local to me that has the same as you saw, only the green is more creamy, does look nice.
Presents itself well there buddy
Thanks, it's been quite a journey so far, can't believe it's been nearly a year since I bought her.

As for what's next, I need to replace the head unit as it stopped working, wanted to check the fuse but the manual doesn't actually show which fuse is for what part. Will have to do a tinternetweb search.

As for actual mods, now I'm back at work I'll be looking to get the panels cut to finish off my sofa bed, still waiting on a rug for the back (been over 6 weeks now) and I'll be looking to get windows fitted to my barn doors once the company opens up fully, would also like to get a sliding window fitted to my sliding door.
I'll be buying an awning soon so I can get out there once we're allowed, had originally decided to go for just a sun canopy but the more time I spent on here the more I steered towards a drive away awning, thanks again to everyone on here for helping spend my money 😂

The list goes on (obviously) but these are the next up, that being said no doubt I'll see a post on here or visit a website and see something I want / need / must have!

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Headed out for a bike ride with the camper over the weekend, was just a cool feeling just chilling inside, made some of the passer bys look twice as I was facing the wrong way 🙃
Took a panoramic and a couple of pics for no other reason than...well cause I wanted to show off my work thus far 😜
Also fitted my canopy rail which required the holes opening up, but it's done, just got to trial run putting the canopy up.
IMG_2320.JPG

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Great looking interior! Of course, me being a Green Addict, I also love that counter top 🆒

Shame you couldn’t try out the new awning, but at least the cool looking Trek got a ride out (y)

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
Its good to get out mate and starts coming in to its own when you can start to realise the fruits of your labour 😎 .
Took our van shopping yesterday (washed it especially) got plenty of fellow dubbers waving .....oh its good to be back out in the bus !!

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
Great looking interior! Of course, me being a Green Addict, I also love that counter top 🆒

Shame you couldn’t try out the new awning, but at least the cool looking Trek got a ride out (y)
Thanks mate, just need to finish off the sofa bed with facing panels in the oak and hinged access panels, also looking to add a storage cupboard along the sliding door so I can access little things while chilling under the canopy 😁 Also want to add in some creature comforts and decorations. Also as it's been pay day and being back at work and on 100% pay, it's time to get spending! 🤑
Yeah but not to worry, if I go where I'm planning this weekend there's a car park on grass so will be able to pitch there. My road bike is currently off the road with a puncture so enjoying bouncing around on the mtb (y)
Its good to get out mate and starts coming in to its own when you can start to realise the fruits of your labour 😎 .
Took our van shopping yesterday (washed it especially) got plenty of fellow dubbers waving .....oh its good to be back out in the bus !!
It certainly is, was the first proper time she was used as a camper, felt great! Planning on going somewhere this weekend for some safe exploring and chilling :cool: I must look a little nutty when people rode passed, sat there facing the wrong way with a smile on my face 🐿💩💨
Yeah I'm missing seeing other dubbers, before lockdown I would pass the same 1 or 2 each morning.

361 - 375 of 375 Posts