VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

381 - 400 of 415 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
Anything other than next day delivery is so frustrating!
What have you bought Pete?
I do try to be patient especially now as there's more pressure on online orders, but there's still that part of me that like "2 weeks....that's years away"! 😂 Ordered a rug the back of the van 6 weeks ago, still not arrived.
Head unit ?? :unsure:
Yep, couldn't go on listening to the road, wind and my own thoughts so placed my order. I'm hoping I can just plus my dab aerial and reversing camera into the new head unit.

The last time I fitted a new HU was going from a tape deck to cd player! :eek:

·
Registered
136 Posts
When I fitted my new Pioneer HU last year and connected the reversing camera I was left scratching my head for ages!! Had it originally plugged in to one of those rear view mirror screens fitted to the dash and it worked fine, fitted new HU, reverse camera not working, plugged back into old screen, working. Double checked in the destruction manual, online etc that I was plugging into right feed and sure that I was.
Phoned the supplier of HU, who also fit them, and they were left scratching their head.
Transpired that original setup (which I fitted) was +ve feed from reverse light and camera -ve grounded on a tailgate bolt which worked fine.
With the HU the camera needed -ve feed from the HU to work.
Luckily it was before I boarded/carpeted so easy enough to run the wiring

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
Ah, so for someone with ply lining, carpeting and furniture in the back it may pose a slight problem :eek: Will see how it goes when it arrives, I want to swap out my reversing camera too at some point as it's not exactly discrete.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The camera was a cheapie chineseie one but I have since changed it for one of those ones that fit on one of the number plate lights. I wired that with -ve I’d run from the HU but may have worked without using it, dunno 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
37 Posts
Really like the stance. How does it ride on the H&R springs? I can imagine taking the MTB places the front splitter has been close a few times 😂 🙈

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
The camera was a cheapie chineseie one but I have since changed it for one of those ones that fit on one of the number plate lights. I wired that with -ve I’d run from the HU but may have worked without using it, dunno 🤷‍♂️
Hopefully it's a simple plug and play with my original kit, but we'll see when it arrives.
Really like the stance. How does it ride on the H&R springs? I can imagine taking the MTB places the front splitter has been close a few times 😂 🙈
It rides well, like with any lowered vehicle speed bumps are a slow going over and the ride is firmer but so much better round corners etc. Coming from an Audi A5 S-line quattro which drove like it was on rails to a van was a bit of a shock but the springs have improved the driving feel. I'm not aware of being close with the splitter, I'm always aware of it so any uneven surface I take care and time to navigate about, so far so good (y) I do love how the T's look when lower still, but just wouldn't be practical with where I take the van.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #387
On a side note, today marks 1 year to the day since I bought the van and started down this awesome journey. Yesterday I took her to the beach and had my first meal in the back, was so cool to actually use her as a camper, granted it was only a sandwich but still counts as lunch 😁 Spending time in the van just chilling has now added items to the "want list" which I knew it would, off to do some buying.
Looking forward to the coming years with camping trips 🥳🍻

·
Registered
25 Posts
We have only had ours since January but we also got out yesterday and had chip butties in the back. First time sat in her properly that wasn't on the drive way!! Best feeling, can't wait to for campsites to reopen. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
It is a great feeling, plus another T5 parked infront of me ,lovely 2 tone white and olive mix. Both vans were getting plenty of attention off passers by 😁
I would have loved chips but I went away with the intent to keep to myself, plus I didn't think anywhere would be open, but the chippy was for take away only. Next time 🤤

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seems to be lots of places open for take away, we had gone for a walk in the Peak and went on the off chance to little cafe that does good food. Luckily it was open for take away.
Loving the camaraderie amoung T5 owners, a friendly wave or flash of the lights goes a long way!!

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #397
Ketchup is like the long forgotten friend for me, never go for it but when it's on the table I use it and remember how well it works with chips. Who's going chippy on the way home then? 😁

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #398
Thought I'd post some photos from Sunday...
Getting ever closer to the getting the shot that started me on this journey of owning a camper :cool:
IMG_2325.JPG

IMG_2326.JPG

IMG_2327.JPG

381 - 400 of 415 Posts