VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

401 - 415 of 415 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Yep, all in and working. Drivers window was playing up so took the door card off to see if I could fix it, think it needs a new connector, bit of a pain when you haven’t got a/c!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
Or you wanna go through the drive thru :p.
Sup with the connector? Does it want the terminals cleaning or crimps squeezing up a tad maybe ?

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Or you wanna go through the drive thru :p.
Sup with the connector? Does it want the terminals cleaning or crimps squeezing up a tad maybe ?
Blimey I didn't even think of that! Would have to use the sliding window in the rear 😂
Took the connector off and gave them a clean which did nothing, but then randomly worked, currently the window is open as far as the deflector, need to investigate further really.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
Update...
After my hu stopped working I opted for a nice new one with bigger screen and lots of additional functions that I could add, the one I was looking at was also recommended by Pac-Man (thanks mate) so placed the order.
Fitted it Saturday and hid all the receivers and mic so nothing on show, neat and tidy. Just waiting on a dab dongle so I get Planet Rock back on 🤘
Here's how the dash looked when I bought the van...

And how it looks now...

Much better!

Also dropped her off today for a service and mot, having the cam belt and water pump done at the same time, fingers crossed all goes well 🤞

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
What headunit is that Pete? Looks really tidy. I'm liking the lack of buttons and maximum screen size
This one mate, great price and straight forward to install. Need to order a dab receiver separately. Not had much chance to play around with it as the van is in the garage for mot, service etc
Smart head unit. Like the full screen look.

Very smart gaiter also!
Yeah the full screen is awesome, perfect fit too so looks oe.

Haha thanks, 100% inspired by your head lining 😁

·
Registered
688 Posts
Looks jam packed with features, especially for the price!
I had an andriod unit in my van when I bought it but just couldn't get along with it so swapped it out for a Kenwood DNX525 as it looked more OEM (was an upgrade option on some VW's), it played with my iPod better too. That's getting a little old n slow (like myself!!) now so I'm considering changing it out soon.
I'd be interested to know how good the user interface is and what the sound quality is like - oh an and how good the navigation is! That was one of the major bugs on my old system.
The method for inputting a postcode was like Egyptian hieroglyphics! - though it looks like you can use Waze / google maps etc on yours.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
Fingers crossed I'll be getting my van back after work so will commence having a play and report back. Sound quality is good, I've got standard speakers so can't comment how well it works with upgraded once or a sub.
User interface is very good, just like having an ipad in the dash (y)

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
Nothing to update as such but with the lockdown easing I finally got back to Sherwood Pines with my brother for some biking. He's got the Audi A5 similar to what I had prior to the van so knew his struggles to fit a 29er in with all the kit. Just made me appreciate the van even more! Of course I had to take a couple of photos 😇

Need to finish off the rear storage and possible invest in a sea sucker to fix the bike in place.
Then I got photo bombed by a rather tasty 2 tone T6 (y)

·
Registered
71 Posts
looking good. Looked a decent day to go for a ride. The trails around here (S. Wales) are soaking again! I wish I'd taken advantage of the dusty trails more now.
BPW should be opening soon which is a huge positive.
I used to fit my bike in to a Suzuki Swift a few year ago. Almost an impossible task.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
It was a bit hit and miss, mixed sunshine and showers however the trail was actually dry for the most part. Would have loved to have tested my canopy but the wind had other plans.
Although it doesn't look it in the photos, the place was jam packed when we first got there.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Pduk, what does this mean: ‘Was offered needle sweep for a tad more money, of course I said yes’ ?

401 - 415 of 415 Posts