VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
How much did the Chipsaway guy cost?
I've got a couple of really annoying chips on my van (including one that's starting to go rusty) which look terrible and really stand out on a white van!

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Come on , show us ! J:
Here's a couple of pics of the storage unit up front...

The rear furniture is coming together with a view to hopefully get it in the van this afternoon! ?

How much did the Chipsaway guy cost?
I've got a couple of really annoying chips on my van (including one that's starting to go rusty) which look terrible and really stand out on a white van!
He initially quoted me £240 + vat, but finding the filler on one door meant he had to do a full repair which incurred time and extra cost, all in all I paid £360, but it looks so much better, definitely recommend them.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #143

Unfortunately it'll have to be next week before these are fitted. Bit frustrating but I've come along way in 6 months already so another few days won't hurt.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
You certainly have come a long way in six months. Cannot wait to see it in.
Thanks mate, yeah has been a fun project, should have done it years ago!

Managed to get the larger storage unit fitted Friday, the low level cupboards and worktop hopefully today after work, I'll get some photos up once it's all in. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Looking good mate (y)
Thanks mate, still loads to do as always (y)

Coming along nicely buddy. Good to see you retained your pics in the change
Cheers mate, yeah seems to have crossed over ok, although my 1st post is missing all images, fingers crossed as things get finalised they'll come back.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #149 (Edited)
Update...
This past Saturday I fitted my lower cupboards and work top...
Initial test fit...

Scribing the side panel around the wheel arch...

Check it lines up...

Fit doors etc...

Still have to scribe the worktop in and fit the drawer above the fridge void, but am over the moon with this so far! One is a happy camper! :cool:

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Looking good mate (y)
Theres a lot more work than you'd first think trying to get the scribing in right for the perfect fit .
Are the doors flush ?

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Looking good mate (y)
Theres a lot more work than you'd first think trying to get the scribing in right for the perfect fit .
Are the doors flush ?
Thanks mate, very happy with it thus far.
I knew there'd be some areas requiring scribe, but didn't factor in the van tapers from back to front. Thankfully I have some overhang so it can be cut to suit.
Yeah doors are flush with the front panel for a smooth look.

Looking well mate and coming along nicely

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
Thanks Chris (y)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Fantastic job - looks great. I take it you've decided what fridge you're going to fit already?
Where did you get your wood from?
I'm looking for some carbon-effect ply for my rear bed extension

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Fantastic job - looks great. I take it you've decided what fridge you're going to fit already?
Where did you get your wood from?
I'm looking for some carbon-effect ply for my rear bed extension
Cheers bud, yeah already picked the fridge so knew what aperture size I needed.
I'm a technical designer for a shopfitting company, we have multiple suppliers sheet materials, I just picked the colours I wanted and had it bonded onto furniture grade plywood. Never seen carbon effect boards, I've checked with my usual suppliers and they don't supply it, however have found this...

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
A shot from the back, drawer above fridge void now fitted along with door to rear. I'll be swapping the handing of the door so it opens the other way to give me better access to storage.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Does your bike still fit ?? ? ?
Yeah...should do...hope so! :LOL: I measured it all out and mocked it up to make the best use of the space, the large cupboard actually shifted a little towards the front of the van so I will have gained a tiny bit more space. Just need to design an anchoring system to keep the bike secure while travelling. Planning on making the most of the 2 weeks off over Christmas with getting out and about so will be further modifying and building.

Nice bit of Green in the van there :)
Thanks, I knew it needed something to lift the interior and as I've already gone green externally it made sense.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Also popped into Sun Rise Campers yesterday and got a quote for leisure battery, fridge, usb sockets and ceiling lights ? roll on the new year and the next step!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Are you planning on transporting the bike with the front wheel on or off?
I made a simple sliding track for mine that locks into the two outermost Caravelle seat rails.
This has a selection of 9mm and 15mm fork mounts attached to it so I can chuck either selection of bikes in the back.
I prefer knowing that the fork mount will hold the bikes securely and I have a wheel bag for the front wheels to go which I can tuck down the side of the seat or between kit bags.

141 - 160 of 271 Posts