VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 225 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I've not had a chance to get onto the forum for the last couple of months. A lot has changed on here but progress on your van is awesome fella. You must be pleased!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looking good, the green trim suits it, headlights look good, i like the black inners, whats the light output like?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Are you planning on transporting the bike with the front wheel on or off?
I made a simple sliding track for mine that locks into the two outermost Caravelle seat rails.
This has a selection of 9mm and 15mm fork mounts attached to it so I can chuck either selection of bikes in the back.
I prefer knowing that the fork mount will hold the bikes securely and I have a wheel bag for the front wheels to go which I can tuck down the side of the seat or between kit bags.
Front wheel off mate, only way it'll go in behind where the r&r bed will eventually go. I'll devise some bracket that will use the quick release system to lock the front in place, and have some anchor point to the rear of the bike to lock to the cupboard. Good shout with the wheel bag, will have to invest in one.
Sounds like a great set up you've got in yours!

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
I've not had a chance to get onto the forum for the last couple of months. A lot has changed on here but progress on your van is awesome fella. You must be pleased!
Thanks Kingy, yeah I'm over the moon with how it's gone this far, I actually had a quick look back over my posts, almost forgot how it started out at the beginning of the journey, it's been awesome so far, can't wait to get out and properly use it as a tin tent (y)
Looking good, the green trim suits it, headlights look good, i like the black inners, whats the light output like?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thanks Bill, I think the out put is very good, but the van came with them so I can no comparison to standard, I'm certainly not looking to change them so they must be good (y)

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Update...
Not done a great deal to the van over the holidays but this past weekend I finally tackled the remaining areas of the barn doors that weren't carpet lined, took a fair few hours but it's done and I'm pretty happy with the results, certainly looks more cosy in there. Next step is electrics 😀
Before...

After...

Ticking off the list, but in true form, each item getting ticked off is quickly replaced by 1 or 2 more 😂
Thanks for looking.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Do you wanna do mine now youve had a practice run Pete ? 😁
I can say with 100% confidence that I would gladly never do this again! It was a trial by fire and I learnt different techniques as I went, in hindsight I'd do certain areas differently but it's done and I'm happy with it. Wouldn't fancy tackling anyone else's to be honest mate.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
:ROFLMAO: ...this is why ive not tackled our doors yet , looks like a real pita .
With my ocd i reckon i'd need to order another 10meters of carpet and a dozen cans of spray before i would be able to get it even close to being happy with my efforts . ☺

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
I was in Sun Rise Campers last week asking about Awnings, they are really helpfull.
Aye good group of lads there, when I get my electrics done I'll see about having some others bits added while it's in.
:ROFLMAO: ...this is why ive not tackled our doors yet , looks like a real pita .
With my ocd i reckon i'd need to order another 10meters of carpet and a dozen cans of spray before i would be able to get it even close to being happy with my efforts . ☺
Yeah it's definitely a pain, took me roughly 9 hours to finish the doors span over Saturday and Sunday, finished on Saturday around 5pm purely as the sensor light I was working with got annoying after the 100th time of turning off :mad:😂 Plus it was flippin' freezin'!
Go for it mate, your ocd will only help in making the end result flawless!

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Trying to cut the damn stuff isnt easy either , got through that many knife blades and pairs of scissors last time trying to get a decent cut edge .
I'm away on hols at the mo so i have the time and the weather for it ...shame the van is about 4000km away :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
My Mum used to do a lot of knitting / sewing etc so I used her Fiskers scissors, cut the fabric very easily.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I bought a pair of fisker scissors 18 years ago when setting up a new office, Folk took the p1ss out of me for spending £45 on scissors for the desk drawer, but guess who's scissors are still sharp and in full working order now!

Rear doors look good Pete(y)(y). Your post made me look at my tailgate and side door this morning.. Being Sand Beige, the exposed paint isn't to obvious, but I might have a go come summer time..

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Quality doesn't come cheap Kingy (y) Thanks mate, it's finished the rear off now ready for the next stage of my conversion 😀

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Looks spot on that mate. That's what this van scene is all about

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
It certainly is Chris, planning on going on so many trips which is a little unheard of for me, last year I only had a week off work, year before I took 1 days holiday :oops:
Sunset looks great 😎
Where did you go Pete ?
It was stunning, couldn't help but just sit back and relax while it set. This was at Hunstanton, closest beach to me at only 2 hours away. Nice easy drive and a lovely place. (y)

161 - 180 of 225 Posts