VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

621 - 640 of 641 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Nice work as always mate

are you going to install a diesel heater at any point ? That’s next on my list. Iam sleeping in the van as I type. I work in a school away from home so I stay at my mums normally and she’s worried about covid so this is my bedroom now when away from home but the cold nights we are getting means Iam sleeping fully clothed lol

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #622
Looks great @Pduk ! Really looks like something you'd buy of the shelf as a flat pack! Really great job! What are you doing for a bed/mattress now? Are you having seat cushions made to fit?
Thanks for that Will, appreciate the positive feedback, helps make freezing my butt off in the workshop a little more worth it 🥶
What is this "having seat cushions made to fit"? I'm going to do it myself mate, got a source for the foam and possibly some alcantara at work that we use for one of our clients jewellery displays, looks a very close match to the light grey on my front seats, just not sure if it's a hardy enough material, quite fancy the rougher type that you'd typically get in motorhomes.
Nice work as always mate

are you going to install a diesel heater at any point ? That’s next on my list. Iam sleeping in the van as I type. I work in a school away from home so I stay at my mums normally and she’s worried about covid so this is my bedroom now when away from home but the cold nights we are getting means Iam sleeping fully clothed lol
Thanks mate!
Yeah I think a heater is a must as I don't really want to be restricted to only getting away during the warmer seasons, still need to get electrics in with hu. Been there mate, went camping a few years ago and being in a tend on the ground it got very cold so have multiple layers of clothing on, then as the sun rose I quickly removed some as it was getting hot haha be sure to keep safe and warm mate!

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #623
On a side note, I've ordered some goodies from VeeDubs which will hopefully be delivered today or tomorrow (y)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Check out Harrisons trim supplies Pete - they sell the alcantara upholstery fabric - they'll also send you samples (free if you ask nicely!) so you could always compare it to what you've got at work.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Looking really good Pete, love the L shape layout!
Thats the one job I really need to do now is get custom made seating cushions/mattress made

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #627
Check out Harrisons trim supplies Pete - they sell the alcantara upholstery fabric - they'll also send you samples (free if you ask nicely!) so you could always compare it to what you've got at work.
Cheers bud, Harrisons are mentioned a lot on here so will give them a look see.
Looking really good Pete, love the L shape layout!
Thats the one job I really need to do now is get custom made seating cushions/mattress made
Thanks Tim, I'm much happier with this set up, just a few more refinements then onto the next part.
What you getting?? I love it when a delivery for the bus comes 😃
Just some bits to spruce up the cab, hopefully will be delivered today so I can tinker over the weekend (y) Hoping for a relatively ok weather so I can give her a much needed bath!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Cheers bud, Harrisons are mentioned a lot on here so will give them a look see.

Used Harrison’s a lot mate, always been great service from them

Thanks Tim, I'm much happier with this set up, just a few more refinements then onto the next part.

Just some bits to spruce up the cab, hopefully will be delivered today so I can tinker over the weekend (y) Hoping for a relatively ok weather so I can give her a much needed bath!
Mine had a good bath pre MOT yesterday! Hope the delivery man comes today for you!

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #630
Took delivery from VeeDubs on Saturday, great service!
I figured with working on the rear build and exterior for a while, the cab could do with a freshen up seeing as the van was a workers van previously so have scratches and scuffs which really let it down, so decided to take a punt on the gloss black dash trim kit, was a bit dubious as they are affectively stickers / 3d resin badges but have to say the quality is very good. Was a bit fiddly for some of the pieces as I fitted them with the dash in situ, but got there in the end and am very happy with the results...

Also opted for a couple of floral garlands and a sticker for the back, the haribo were a freebee so result there (y)
Quick shot of before...

And after...

No the best pics but has made a big difference in lifting the cab.
Also due another delivery today, and whilst in b&q I had a light bulb moment on how to finish my ceiling, just need to detail how it will be fixed in place.
Also gave her a much needed bath yesterday so she'll all clean inside and out which will last a good day or so.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #632
Looking good Pete! How well do the trim pieces stick?
Cheers bud (y)
They stick very well, they advise cleaning the dash with alcohol wipes, then heat both the dash part and the trim piece so the glue softens then push firmly in place, they're not going anywhere.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #634
Looking good! Nice to see you're still cracking on and getting stuff done.
Thanks mate, not sure there'll ever be a time I'm not changing or updating something, a real life never ending story like must on here.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #635
Another little update, having decided to postpone installed electrics into the back, it means I won't be fitting a fridge for a while so I made myself a door and retro-fitted it in place to give me some more usable storage space, plus the cupboards look more finished now...

Currently working on designing my ceiling with led strip light detail (y)

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #637
...and you added a tea towel! 😁
Tea towel has been there for ages mate, not actually used it yet though, more for decoration at the minute (y)

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #639
Looks much more finished 👍
Oooh ....your teasing us again now ...show us the ceiling :geek:.
Thanks mate, yeah the empty aperture just didn't look good. Was low on oak laminate so had to splice 2 parts to cover the door, not 100% but being a novice I think I did ok.
Oh sorry was my vague comment teasing? I wasn't aware 😂 I've got to start mocking it up on paper to see if it will work, then I'll post up some details. Also I've now got power in the back without the need of a leisure battery etc 🤐

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
I reckon considering your an 'office wallah' rather than a 'workshop monkey' you're pretty much spot on so far 👍 :cool:.
You'll ve after a job on the tools soon .
Have you got hook up now then?

621 - 640 of 641 Posts