VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

681 - 700 of 760 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
Thanks both 🍻
I hate going on motorways as the amount of people sat in the middle lane with nothing around them, or as you say on their phone is ridiculous, just annoys the hell out of me. Even built up areas, a ot think the speed limits have been removed and it's all fair game.
Approaching a right hand bend this morning, 50mpg zone, white van comes round the other using the white line as though he was a scalextric, on his phone while doing this 🤬

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Can't recommend dashcams highly enough. Do your RoadAngel cams have parking recording too - so they'll start recording if the van gets bumped whilst parked up?
I find this really useful - my camera will alert me when I get back in the van that it's picked something up.
Where are you going to mount your rear camera? This is something I want to add to mine. I've only got forward facing at the moment which obviously is of no use if someone bumps the back of the van and b*ggers off!

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #683
I've got to properly look into all it's features yet, will be a job for tomorrow but looks to have a lot of interesting and useful ones, just fingers crossed I'll never have to use the recordings.
It's a shame we have to go to these levels but it's just the way the world is now.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Our van has been hit twice while parked , only damaged the bumper fortunately not the bodywork ..... i never did find the culprit and it still annoys me now .
I have no rear facing crash cam but i probably should invest in one .
I think just recently the amount of people i see driving while clearly texting on their phone is absolutely ridiculous.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm glad to finally have off road parking (we managed to buy a place recently despite lock down) as theres a several dents and scratches in my van from a work flatbed at a previous neighbours place (I have no proof other than it appeared on the side next to their house when they had a big flat bed on the front drive repeatedly)

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #686
Our van has been hit twice while parked , only damaged the bumper fortunately not the bodywork ..... i never did find the culprit and it still annoys me now .
I have no rear facing crash cam but i probably should invest in one .
I think just recently the amount of people i see driving while clearly texting on their phone is absolutely ridiculous.
It’s such a gut wrenching feeling to come back to your vehicle and find it damaged, made even worse by the fact the culprit just sodded off
It’s so obvious when someone is texting while driving isn’t it, that or there’s something really interesting about their headlight switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #687
I'm glad to finally have off road parking (we managed to buy a place recently despite lock down) as theres a several dents and scratches in my van from a work flatbed at a previous neighbours place (I have no proof other than it appeared on the side next to their house when they had a big flat bed on the front drive repeatedly)
I’ve got a double drive thankfully but didn’t stop some little scumbag from putting my rear window through. My next house is going to have a garage, plus makes it a little more pleasant while tinkering during the cold season

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #688
Another weekend means more parcels

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #690
Me teasing? Never 😁
My van came with a rear view mirror that resembled the sort of cheap one you buy as a second while teaching someone to drive, so after seeing I still had the window mount I ordered a replacement OE mirror, also was perusing Stitches + Steel's website and ordered a few goodies...

Sticker pack, lanyard, key ring, towel poncho for when I get back from a bike ride and have a rough wash, note book and air freshener.
New mirror fitted...

Much better than the training mirror I had. While I was out on Saturday figured I'd take some exterior shots as I've not posted any for a while...

Slow growing sticker collection on my rear windows...

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #692
Yeah I'm really happy with them, much more suited to my theme. Toying with removing the roof bars too as they'll hardly ever get used.

Also, so progress on my new gear knob...

Timber base will be cut off and I need to find the adapter before I can start mocking it up in the van :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #694
Like the gearknob Pete 👍 .
Get them roof bars off and it'll look lower :cool:

I got bought a new lanyard a short while back . View attachment 188874
Cheers mate, I can't take the credit for the production of it, I merely came up with the design and one of the guys at work made it in his workshop at home (y)
All being well, I'll be working on the van this weekend so will take the roof bars off then, think it should look nice and smooth. Not sure whether to take the barn door spoilers off too...
That is a nice lanyard (y)

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #696
Will do mate (y)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yeah I'd be concerned about damaging the paint underneath. I like the spoiler-less look on panelvans as it looks nice n clean, but once you have windows it loses that effect so I'd stick with the spoilers.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #699
Yeah think you guys are right, will take the bars off and see how it looks, hoping to get more work done tomorrow 😁

681 - 700 of 760 Posts