VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

701 - 720 of 760 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #701
Haha never ends does it. I always say to the wife iam not gonna work on the van it's too cod today.....Hour later i'm out there lol
Not when you think you're done, or settled on a plan then pop on here and see something else that you simply can't lie without, despite 30 seconds earlier you didn't even know it existed! 😂
Bit like the thread about suspension or wheels first, got me thinking "oh I need some new tyres soon, and still thinking of coilovers too, might take a look at wheel & tyre packages"! Went from simply reading some posts on here to adding nearly £1.5k to my buy list!

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Not when you think you're done, or settled on a plan then pop on here and see something else that you simply can't lie without, despite 30 seconds earlier you didn't even know it existed! 😂
Bit like the thread about suspension or wheels first, got me thinking "oh I need some new tyres soon, and still thinking of coilovers too, might take a look at wheel & tyre packages"! Went from simply reading some posts on here to adding nearly £1.5k to my buy list!
hahahha, like me, i need to start looking for a 2nd job :oops:

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #703
hahahha, like me, i need to start looking for a 2nd job :oops:
You can't do that mate, when will you find the time to fit new parts and tinker on the camper? (y)

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
I wish i could settle on which wheels to buy 😩 .
Been looking again this morning and theres soooo many magazine featured vans that look cool but the wheels they have on aren't load rated 😭

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #705
I wish i could settle on which wheels to buy 😩 .
Been looking again this morning and theres soooo many magazine featured vans that look cool but the wheels they have on aren't load rated 😭
I'm really temped with the ones Stitches + Steel sell, then get some nice centre caps. Problem I have is that most of the featured vans have been lowered which really adds to the look, and I can't really go that low.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Make sure you get some spare bolts if you remove your roof bars - VW seem to have made them out of cheese. Not even an out-of-date-gone-hard cheese either. More like Philadelphia!
Oh and stick some silicone under them too so you don't get any leaks to ruin your lovely interior!

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #707
Make sure you get some spare bolts if you remove your roof bars - VW seem to have made them out of cheese. Not even an out-of-date-gone-hard cheese either. More like Philadelphia!
Oh and stick some silicone under them too so you don't get any leaks to ruin your lovely interior!
Mmmmmmm cheese 🤤
Some great tips there mate, wouldn't have occurred to me to do either, but as I'll be in work I'll grab some silicone and seal them up (y)

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
I'm really temped with the ones Stitches + Steel sell, then get some nice centre caps. Problem I have is that most of the featured vans have been lowered which really adds to the look, and I can't really go that low.
AIR ?

something ive considered

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #710
Ive only really noticed amorak steels on their website ....if i do steels again i'm going 20's :cool:
I don't mind them being 18's really, function over form for me, usually when I've modified a car I make it quite shouty, kind of going less is more on the van.
AIR ?

something ive considered
It did cross my mind, but knowing me, I'll park up, hit the down button only to find I've parked over a huge rock and end up knackering my exhaust or something.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #711
Update...
Well I had big plans to get loads done to the van over the weekend, first up was to final fit the leds to my ceiling, after 5 hours I gave up as I couldn't get the second length of led's to light up, I did however manage to apply a vinyl to my dash so not a complete waste of a day 🤯

So that took care of Saturday. Sunday I felt I needed to get something accomplished so gave the van a good clean and removed the roof bars, wasn't sure at first but liking the cleaner look...

Field backdrops are the best I can hope for currently, can't wait to get to the seaside!

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Massive improvement without the roof bars 😎 (y) .
I like the 'less is more' approach 😁
Have you always had those rear lights ? Never noticed them before .

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #715
Massive improvement without the roof bars 😎 (y) .
I like the 'less is more' approach 😁
Have you always had those rear lights ? Never noticed them before .
I wasn't sure at first, but the more I look the more I like, should make the van quicker to with less weight and wind resistance :unsure:
I fitted the rear lights last year, smoked sequential led from THQ, so much nicer than the bog standard van lights I had.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
looks very nice mate like that alot. I also think it looks cleaner without the roof bars. Where i drop my daughter off to work they have a 2M height restriction barrier, the van fits in with like 1cm to spare, i wouldn't be able to get in if it had roof bars, so that's another bonus of no roof bars.

They are the same lights i just bought from THQ but mine are black smoked. I need to get a rear bumper that looks like yours, the 2012 updated one.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #718
looks very nice mate like that alot. I also think it looks cleaner without the roof bars. Where i drop my daughter off to work they have a 2M height restriction barrier, the van fits in with like 1cm to spare, i wouldn't be able to get in if it had roof bars, so that's another bonus of no roof bars.

They are the same lights i just bought from THQ but mine are black smoked. I need to get a rear bumper that looks like yours, the 2012 updated one.
Thanks mate, now toying with getting the roof wrapped, will boot up photoshop and see how she looks with a black hat.
There's been a few car parks I've gone into with 2.1m barriers, not really used to the height of the van I would crawl through, often a nice pedestrian would wave me through "you're alright, keep coming" 👍
Yeah clocked your rear lights in the recent updates, they're a decent set and really freshen up the rear end.
I'm liking that! Looks smoother and tidier without. I'd be tempted to do the same with my van but I'd need to get a rack for the odd time I do stick stuff on the roof.
Cheers mate, have ordered some new bolts to fill the holes which are currently covered with grey insulation tape 😂

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Were they made of Philadelphia like I said? The insulation tape is probably stronger than those bolts.
On a recent trip to the shops a very similar white T5 had parked socially distanced nearby - so I can get an idea of what mine would look like without the bars! :D (y)

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #720
The bolts were actually fine, but the ones holding the roof bars on are far too long, and only have 2 stubby ones so ordered 6 of these...

Wow how close is that, in looks not distance, same wheels and chrome side bars. Plus shows how yours would look with a sportline front end.
Hope you left the van in gear a long with the handbrake on, that's quite a steep carpark to sit in 🤣

701 - 720 of 760 Posts