VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

721 - 740 of 760 Posts

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Love the look without the bars, even with I thought it looks nice but does make the van more streamline.

I'd definitely go down the route of wrapping the roof black as well! I've toyed with the idea myself.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yeah I'm being swayed more n more towards a sportline front end (and removing my roof bars) and new wheels! Bloody money pits these vans!! 😂
I thought about wrapping the roof black too but wasn't sure if it would make the interior really hot in the summer :unsure:. Nothing worse than scrubbing birdsh*t off a white roof!

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Whats going on with the LED lights not working then. Arnt these the usb ones that are powered from the Ridgemonkey Power bank ?

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #726
Love the look without the bars, even with I thought it looks nice but does make the van more streamline.

I'd definitely go down the route of wrapping the roof black as well! I've toyed with the idea myself.
Thanks Will, it's growing on me more and more, passed another T5 this morning in a nice blue, lowered and no roof bars, looked so cool.
I've already had a quote to wrap the roof, would be around £200 which I didn't think was too bad actually, I've wrapped car parts in the past and will quite happily never do it again, the odd decal here and there is my limit.
Yeah I'm being swayed more n more towards a sportline front end (and removing my roof bars) and new wheels! Bloody money pits these vans!! 😂
I thought about wrapping the roof black too but wasn't sure if it would make the interior really hot in the summer :unsure:. Nothing worse than scrubbing birdsh*t off a white roof!
Shall we just swap vans then? 😂
Not sure if it would make any difference would it, I've not got ac so it's baking hot in the van anyway...reminds me I need to get my drivers window working again.
Whats going on with the LED lights not working then. Arnt these the usb ones that are powered from the Ridgemonkey Power bank ?
I can't get the second length of led's to illuminate, tried for over 4 hours on Saturday with no joy, have posted a thread here begging for help...
Do you think scrubbing it off a black roof will be any easier ? :LOL: .
Gloss black vinyl i reckon would show every scratch and mark too easy .
You mean you guys clean your roofs? 😬
I reckon theres a faulty connection on the joiner .
Can take that one of two ways..
1. as it reads, refering to my electrical components being fubar
or
b. "the joiner aka Pete has a fault ie doesn't understand electrics in the slightest"
😂

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Thanks Will, it's growing on me more and more, passed another T5 this morning in a nice blue, lowered and no roof bars, looked so cool.
I've already had a quote to wrap the roof, would be around £200 which I didn't think was too bad actually, I've wrapped car parts in the past and will quite happily never do it again, the odd decal here and there is my limit.
Thats not bad for the surface area to be covered!

Im pretty sure I get my van back at last tomorrow! That will be added to the list!😝

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #728
Thats not bad for the surface area to be covered!

Im pretty sure I get my van back at last tomorrow! That will be added to the list!😝
Should be able to get it a little cheaper with cold hard cash.

Fingers crossed for you mate, it's been a long time waiting, but at least you'll have a nice strong engine (y)

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #729
Not a bad place to have an office...

Let there (finally) be light!

Ceiling out, bit of trimming and leds are in and working, will get a photo later when it’s dark as you can’t really see the them in the sunshine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #733
what got the lights working Pete ? new joins or new wiring or something ?
New connectors, still took some time to get them working using crimp connectors but got there in the end

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #734
Soooo much nicer to be able to work in the sunshine
Hope youve had a productive day mate
Was great mate, talk about lifting your spirits with some decent weather, plus a productive day always helps

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #735
Waited for darkness to fall before pics...

Really hard to get a decent photo but they look great, nice ambient light for the evening while camping away

·
Registered
2013 Startline T5 Kombi
124 Posts
Waited for darkness to fall before pics...

Really hard to get a decent photo but they look great, nice ambient light for the evening while camping away

Those are hardcore benches! no upholstery!

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Love the lights, gives a nice ambient glow and i bet it looks way better in real life then the pics show, tricky getting decent night shots of lights (y)

721 - 740 of 760 Posts