VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a new van deserve a new thread? I dunno. Delete if needed and i'll just join it onto the other one.

Anyway, picked up my new van yesterday! Really wanted to do the full panel to kombi conversion, but with arrival of bambino scarily close i probably haven't got the time to put into it, so that dream will have to wait for now.

So, travelled to the other end of the country to pick this up! Factory kombi, 140bhp with a/c (all boxes ticked right there). The back is completely stock so going to get busy when i can doing the usuals, then hopefully some wheels and a beating with the lowering stick early next year when i know how much year is looking next year work wise.
Basically, if it ends up a 1/4 as cool as Wasson's van, i'll be happy!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

surely this has got to be some kind of record breaker when it comes to how long you've had the van before it breaks, a whopping 3 days.
was driving back from an early morning surf, it seemed to fall out of gear and then wouldn't select from there. the gear stick feels like its in the right place, but when i release the clutch there's nothing but a low volume grinding noise. while being towed back, when we got over 30mph thre was an audible wirring noise, even with van in neutral. drive shaft maybe?
the irony is i sold a van which just about starts but goes forever for a van which starts first time but doesn't go anywhere. testing times!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New drive shaft and stub axle fitted, dealer paid for it, happy days! Celebrated by using the van in the way i intended it to be used when i bought it; 4 Longboards, 4 people, all wearing seat belts rather than busking it in the back, job done.

then got started on the boring stuff. Got a lot on so only managing power hours at the moment, but getting cracking. Silent coat is the bomb.

Also, found one of these... Anyone removed one before? Easy to do?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts