VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 of us bundled into the van at 2am today, and drove to the top of a good hill in the New Forest.. We had throws and sleeping bags and coffee and we lay there on the ground looking at the show tip about 5am! Luckily, really clear skies and a great view :)

We saw loads, lots and lots of little ones and some much larger and quite spectacular ones too..

Best patch was actually up til about 4, we had been told it would be best just before dawn, but it had pretty much finished by then.

I thought I'd try and catch some in shots with the van in the background, but was so busy watching it myself I only got one actually in the picture!

this was us lying on the ground.. (bit of light-painting with a torch going on while this shot was being exposed)

and there's a small meteor zipping along in the top of this pic.. was pleased to get this! I missed loads cos I was too busy looking up myself! This was about 3.30am :)

·
6,678 Posts
Beautiful.

Love the first shot. Did you try for star trails ? Always wanted to try that.
Sounds like a spectacular night, wish I could have seen them too.

Ron

·
Registered
476 Posts
they look great!
i've got a canon 300 or 350D that ive had for a few years and wish i used it more!!
took some great shots on rome that have been blown up on canvas dotted around the family and friends.
hell on night shift i've got hours to play.....

i'm gonna charge it up and tinker :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts