VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After unsuccessfuly scouring the earth for the bracket to attach a 2.0 petrol power steering pump to block (and associated pulleys) can anybody tell me if the set up would be the same on a 2.0 golf/passat engine of similar age as I have read on here that these engines are very similar. Trying to convert my 2.0 petrol tp power steering but can't find one in breakers anywhere.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm fairly sure that the Golf/Passat have the P/S pump mounted on the front rather than the rear of the engine. If you did this on a T4 it would put it very low down due to the tilt of the engine and I doubt the bellypan would fit.

According to Wagenstad it looks like the bracket might be the same on the petrol as the 1.9 1X and ABL diesels. I expect there are more of these around with P/S than the 2.0l, so might be worth a look.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thanks for that. what is this wagenstat site?
It lists VAG part numbers with technical drawings (see thread herehttp://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=100918). It's similar to www.vagcat.com, but a bit more reliable!

anyone know what diesel 1x means and is abl the 1.9 diesel engine?
1X is the engine code for 1.9 non turbo diesel engine fitted to T4s and ABL is the 1.9TD engine. In other words it looks like the bracket should be the same for all the T4 4-pot engines, whether petrol or diesel. From a quick look, it looks like the bracket didn't change over the model years, even though the belt drives did (early ones were V and later ribbed).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts