VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I am feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment. I was travelling home on Saturday night on a country B road. Doing about 50mph, empty road. My headlights suddenly lit up a pheasant which then decided to lift off into the path of my van! I hit the poor thing just below my drivers headlight.

Damage caused:

1. Big dent in the front metal panel over the grill.
2. Wing end buckled including lugs which hold the front panel on.
3. Clear indicator smashed all over the road!

I am just about to put my new wheels on and was looking forward to seeing her looking good. I'm not sure wether to bother yet as it's still going to look crippled.

Ian. :(

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi folks,

I am feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment. I was travelling home on Saturday night on a country B road. Doing about 50mph, empty road. My headlights suddenly lit up a pheasant which then decided to lift off into the path of my van! I hit the poor thing just below my drivers headlight.

Ian. :(
your driver has a headlight:eek:

ooh your posh!

still its a hazard we all worry about , my advice is dont fret , rather a pheasant than a local yoof in an untaxed ford bowling into you around the bend..

the van is fixable..T:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
not so good :( but could have been worse,i know of someone who had a similar thing happen - but when the pheasant took flight he ducked and went through a hedge
haha brilliant (only if he was ok) sounds like something i would do tho. easy mistake to make

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
That's not good!
Few years back i hit a big fat **** pheasant at about 65mph :eek: Bent wing, bent bonnet, smashed light, crumpled bumper, blood and feathers everywhere... Could be alot worse though, mate of mine hit a pig in his fiesta and got launched into a **** LOL: (sorry) poor pig ;)

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Its illegal to take it home if you hit any gamebird on the road,however anyone who comes along after can have it.
I hit a badger some years ago in a 1954 beetle i had back then,it completely trashed the bonnet,wing,headllamp and bumper.When i got out of the car the thing was still alive but badly injured,i had to finish it off with my boot,not nice but i had to put it out of its misery.

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Cant remember where i saw it but there was a guy and his family on some tv show and all they lived on was road kill and stuff they grew LOL: Nice!!

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
Its illegal to take it home if you hit any gamebird on the road,however anyone who comes along after can have it.
I hit a badger some years ago in a 1954 beetle i had back then,it completely trashed the bonnet,wing,headllamp and bumper.When i got out of the car the thing was still alive but badly injured,i had to finish it off with my boot,not nice but i had to put it out of its misery.
mate of mine hit a badger in a works volvo v70 (loads of yellow and blue stickers all over it)

he wasn't hanging around either, the thing must have been on steroids coz it pretty much smashed in the front of the car and almost removed the sump from the engine!!!

i hit a pheasant in my old works van (vauxhall combo) sorry for the bad language. smashed grill and almost ended up through the windscreen sitting next to me, proper fat knacker.

good luck in getting it sorted buddy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts